3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

Andy
    Participant

A lot of the press articles are about mobile phone blackspots. i.e lack of signal. I get a full signal in Wrexham with EE but no 3G bandwith at peak times. Early hours it’s OK. How many “Unlimited 3G” contracts have they sold around Wrexham?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Darlofan 13635 wrote:

What we need is an app that tells you location and how often your phone is connected over a day and how strong the signal was. The problem with trying to cancel a contract is the battle you have. It would be much easier sending them a report to prove it.
    I can understand certain blackspots so you might not get signal at home but when out and about you should be able to most of the time afterall it costs enough.
    I have a smartphone and a work phone which is a Nokia brick its that old but I never have problems calling on that when I have signal but my smart phone bobs in and out cuts you off etc. Imagine the uproar if electricity kept cutting off regularly during the day!

Maybe this App could help About Us – OpenSignal It’s available on Android OpenSignal Android App – OpenSignal and iphone OpenSignal iPhone App – OpenSignal

justjojo2011
    Participant

Im with O2 and haven’t heard anything :(

@Danielkg 13598 wrote:

Just had a txt off O2;

O2: O2 4G is here. And we’re giving you access at no extra cost from 20 June. After this date, visit http://s.o2.co.uk/got4G/zvbGew to find out how to get set up so you can use 4G when out and about in 4G areas. Check the My O2 app to keep track of your data. Watch. Listen. Stream. In glorious 4G. Terms apply. To stop texts, call 2220.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Someone at open signal have just had a look at this thread and tweeted me..

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

Just looking at the 3G Network site. They plan to rollout 4g into Wrexham by the end of the year. One advantage…..They offer “All you can eat” data packages.

seaneb
    Participant

@thunderbirdskid 13703 wrote:

Just looking at the 3G Network site. They plan to rollout 4g into Wrexham by the end of the year. One advantage…..They offer “All you can eat” data packages.

My worry with that is that if they are already failing at providing 3G then I doubt they’ll be any more successful with 4G.

If you have an Apple device then the chances are you are already paying £30-£50 per month for a service that the phone companies are contracted to provide but are failing to do so and are blatantly denying that there is even a problem.

They are stopping just short of laughing in our faces and calling us liars.

I spent a fair bit of time in Wrexham last weekend and sent lots of “no 3G” texts to myself as instructed (see previous posts).

Fat lot of good that’s done-Orange haven’t even been in touch since!!!!

We are all being neglected because we don’t live in a large city and we are expected to put up with it.

seaneb
    Participant

Surprise surprise, had a call from Orange today asking if I’ve done as They’d asked and done the self texting thing. I then had to read out to her a couple of examples of these texts and the time stamps on my phone. They then traced those exact texts to the locations I was at when I sent them.
    Then I was told that they can’t see any faults on their system for the masts in the area, however she will request an investigation and will be in touch in a few days!!!!!
    I directed her towards this thread and suggested they include the evidence within it in their investigation.
    I’m amazed.
    Let’s see if Orange can cast themselves in a different light and actually fix this long lasting issue.

rockyrobins
    Participant

@seaneb 13825 wrote:

Surprise surprise, had a call from Orange today asking if I’ve done as They’d asked and done the self texting thing. I then had to read out to her a couple of examples of these texts and the time stamps on my phone. They then traced those exact texts to the locations I was at when I sent them.
    Then I was told that they can’t see any faults on their system for the masts in the area, however she will request an investigation and will be in touch in a few days!!!!!
    I directed her towards this thread and suggested they include the evidence within it in their investigation.
    I’m amazed.
    Let’s see if Orange can cast themselves in a different light and actually fix this long lasting issue.

Orange is now EE, they cannot see any faults on their system because the problem is down to lack of bandwidth on the existing town centre mast after i suspect they turned off either a T-mobile or Orange mast to save money. This problem is not unique to Wrexham just google “EE turning masts off” and you will see what the company is doing. Just cancel your contract and go with another provider as EE are not really bothered

seaneb
    Participant

@rockyrobins 13828 wrote:

Orange is now EE, they cannot see any faults on their system because the problem is down to lack of bandwidth on the existing town centre mast after i suspect they turned off either a T-mobile or Orange mast to save money. This problem is not unique to Wrexham just google “EE turning masts off” and you will see what the company is doing. Just cancel your contract and go with another provider as EE are not really bothered

I don’t think that’s the case here. If you read through this thread properly you will see that ALL NETWORKS are suffering the same problem.
    It would seem that Orange are the only provider to do anything about it however (although I realise that might be slightly premature).

rockyrobins
    Participant

@seaneb 13829 wrote:

I don’t think that’s the case here. If you read through this thread properly you will see that ALL NETWORKS are suffering the same problem.
    It would seem that Orange are the only provider to do anything about it however (although I realise that might be slightly premature).

The facts are that 3g coverage in Wrexham town centre for Orange/T-mobile now EE used to be okay until February it is now abysmal, countless people have reported the problem to them but they keep fobbing people like yourself off with bullshit about fitting a new mast or pretending to look into an issue, a new mast would clearly need planning permission just like what Vodafone and O2 have applied for to swap out their masts in the area. Just google EE switching masts off and you will a common theme up and down the UK

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News