Live Parking Info Signs!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Live Parking Info Signs!

• Author

lazyjack
    Participant

@shaun123 10750 wrote:

But anyway, why do people keep on criticising the council for wasting money on the signs when it’s taith funded, not council funded?

Surely the council could have said ‘no thanks, we think it’s a waste of half a million pounds’, rather than just let the project go ahead. They could have suggested other ways to spend the money that would have been more useful.

Whether it’s council or Taith funded, I’ve got a feeling that ultimately it’s the taxpayer’s money that has gone to waste.

Carl
    Participant

Was walking past on Market Street the other day and thought something looked weird about the sign above me, and there was an engineer playing with it, I stuck up a conversation with him as he came off his mobile, apparently alot of corners have been cut already and that the system is not as good as it should be, he admitted yes they have teething issues with most installations and that they can usually fix them, but unfortunately our system here in Wrexham will be running up a lengthy maintenance contract fee, anyone surprised?

Darlofan
    Participant

Drove past a few today- 1 by St Giles church wasn’t on. One by Tesco said EM was full but as i went past EM i could clearly see dozens of empty spaces and that was just the little part you can see as you drive past.

wrexview
    Participant

The one on Holt Street is facing the People’s Market , not sure if it was moved by the high winds last week!

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

Drove past the Tesco one at 1430 this afternoon…It displayed that St Georges Cres was “Full”….As I drove past the sign I could clearly see the numerous empty spaces in the adjacent car park, so drove in and parked up. What a complete waste of money.

johnnytv
    Participant

A couple of evenings ago the signs said Waterworld parking was full when it
    was at least 75% empty.

So based on my experience and the other comments on here, everyone who lives in Wrexham will soon come to the conclusion to ignore the signs regardless.

Another job well done!

Chris
    Participant

Who will be paying the maintenance contract

harry
    Participant

@wrexview 10745 wrote:

Today the signs read just OPEN for Eagles Meadow as opposed to spaces/ full and The People’s Market is CLOSED.

today, town packed eagles meadow signs just said ‘OPEN’ – not very helpful! was also sat in traffic on st giles link rd sign said FULL, yet i could see at least 10 spaces, the system seems totally useless, i can imagine after the xmas shopping spree they will all read ‘spaces’ , anyone know what the cut off point is? eg less than 5 spaces its classed as FULL

Do any signs mention island green or st marks? ive not noticed.

Does anyone remember about 10 odd years ago MFM doing car park space updates at xmas (think it was only 1 xmas tho!), think it was using the CCTV , that told you how many spaces were available.

harry
    Participant

on another note, ive never had an issue parking in EM probably due to the cost putting people off!

wrexview
    Participant

The Council would have to install sensors on Eagles Meadow land to get the live data on whether their car parks are full or have spaces.Can’t see them wanting to give that sort of information out so have opted for the simple ” Open ” “Closed” sign , which as other have said is not very helpful. Eagles Meadow do have electronic signs at the entrance by the Anise Restaurant but they only switch them on intermittently.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News