Bins

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@WCBC 8705 wrote:

BenjaminM – WCBC only ask residents to recycle their own waste. The kerbside recycling was introduced in 2013 following consultation with residents who indicated they wanted to recycle their waste and that they would be willing to sort it themselves. Recycle with Michael was then introduced and the majority of residents are happy to recycle in this way.

Please provide info on this consultation.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

They missed emptying our streets green bins, recycle boxes an food caddies today.. Happens a lot on this street.
    The street was full of council lorries and vans so maybe the crew couldn’t be bothered to ask some one to move a vehicle so they could pass..:mad:

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@BenjaminM 8774 wrote:

Oh God, it’s so hard to be humble when you’re perfect in every way.
    Model citizens, I applaud you. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. :)

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

The council couldn’t be arsed emptying the bins on my street this week, should have been yesterday (Wednesday), no sign of them today.

Filled the online report a missed collection form in twice, emailed, no reply.

I think they missed the collection due to the number of council and contractor vans and trucks on the street on Wednesday, but they should have returned later.

Can WCBC respond…

WCBC
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 8782 wrote:

Please provide info on this consultation.

There’s information on our web site Wrexham County Borough Council : Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Wrecsam if you search for “recycling consultation 2003”

Iceman
    Participant

My biggest gripe about the bins is that people seem to overfill their recycling boxes and leave the lids off. Then on bin day, empty cans and plastic bottles end up getting blown all over the place and into my garden getting trapped in my bushes. Very annoying.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Iceman 8899 wrote:

My biggest gripe about the bins is that people seem to overfill their recycling boxes and leave the lids off. Then on bin day, empty cans and plastic bottles end up getting blown all over the place and into my garden getting trapped in my bushes. Very annoying.

All the recycle boxes on my street are overflowing due to the fact they have not been emptied for a fortnight .

wrexview
    Participant

Still waiting for a definitive answer to my question re wrapping food waste in newspaper and placing it in the green bin from WCBC .

dewi73
    Participant

I use the grey food caddy for keeping dog biscuits in, all its good for in my opinion.

Steve
    Participant

@Iceman 8899 wrote:

We have a few and try to stack them to avoid overfilling, however we no longer put the lids on them when we leave for collection as they used to end up getting thrown on the drive after collection then blowing down the road on a windy day.

I can understand your frustration though.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News