Bins

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

WCBC (?), Couldn’t fail to notice that you only selected the parts of my post that could be spun positively and also mixed me up with the post by Steve.
    It would be nice for all the readers of this forum if you addressed the other matters, eg collection of street recyclables – that seems to have been given a wide berth and the low numbers that do use the food caddies.
    Truthful response please, minus the spin.

wrexview
    Participant

Hopefully someone who actually works for WCBC and is involved with recycling. I await a definitive answer to my question.

Rob
    Participant

@NJones 8696 wrote:

Didn’t think Wrexham.com allowed unidentifiable people to use the forums- who is behind WCBC?

Just spoke with the Council press office and its legit – it is WCBC posting :)

We need to make a ‘tick’ based verified image on here or something :D

Chris
    Participant

Now that WCBC are posting on here will we get explanations on the appalling highways planning.

WCBC
    Participant

BenjaminM – WCBC only ask residents to recycle their own waste. The kerbside recycling was introduced in 2013 following consultation with residents who indicated they wanted to recycle their waste and that they would be willing to sort it themselves. Recycle with Michael was then introduced and the majority of residents are happy to recycle in this way.

Re your straw poll we do not force residents to use their food waste caddy and many choose to use their green bin as they have in the past. The advantage of the caddy however is that it gets emptied every week.

Steve: You do not have to recycle your food waste and can continue to use your black bin. We would obviously urge you to reconsider using your green bin and putting it in a compostible bag or corrugated cardboard. Either way your food waste will be removed fortnightly. If you use the caddy it will be emptied weekly.

Wrexview: Compostible bags are the preferred option but you could wrap/enclose food waste in corrugated cardboard and put it in your green bin. We have asked for clarification on using newspaper.

wrexview
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to your clarification re newspaper wrapping.

NJones
    Participant

@Rob 8700 wrote:

Just spoke with the Council press office and its legit – it is WCBC posting :)

We need to make a ‘tick’ based verified image on here or something :D

We do, but we still don’t know ‘who’ is posting, which dept or whatever. Interesting that you take the time to follow this up but just delete users with ‘unverifiable addresses’ who claim to local students.

@Rob 7346 wrote:

via an unverifable freemail address rather than a uni address for example doesnt work.

source: https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/732-re-academic-highlights-importance-study-skills-lecture-4.html#post7346

Back on topic- this comes at a time when the government has decided that too many stood outside new houses are ‘ugly’ and that new developments must make space to hide them away- how many bins do we need to hide over the next 10 years?

Rob
    Participant

The WCBC account had a wrexham.gov.uk address, was not making libellious comment about an individual they had heard from ‘a mate’. Not a fair comparison, and probably similar amount of time involved as it was 30second call tops.

Incidently the person in that thread never came back nor got in touch with details of the allegations, nor has the more recent ‘mystery’ person.

The aim is for the forum to be a decent venue for debate, overall I would hope we get things right in helping create that environment but I do know we wont get it all right! :)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@WCBC 8705 wrote:

BenjaminM – WCBC only ask residents to recycle their own waste. The kerbside recycling was introduced in 2013 following consultation with residents who indicated they wanted to recycle their waste and that they would be willing to sort it themselves. Recycle with Michael was then introduced and the majority of residents are happy to recycle in this way.

Re your straw poll we do not force residents to use their food waste caddy and many choose to use their green bin as they have in the past. The advantage of the caddy however is that it gets emptied every week.

Steve: You do not have to recycle your food waste and can continue to use your black bin. We would obviously urge you to reconsider using your green bin and putting it in a compostible bag or corrugated cardboard. Either way your food waste will be removed fortnightly. If you use the caddy it will be emptied weekly.

Wrexview: Compostible bags are the preferred option but you could wrap/enclose food waste in corrugated cardboard and put it in your green bin. We have asked for clarification on using newspaper.

I really don’t mind recycling my food waste. My small food caddy sits in the kitchen with a recycle liner in and the plates and peelings are put in there. I then tie the bag and transfer it to the kerbside caddy. The big bin no longer smells and the caddy is so easy to keep clean.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Oh God, it’s so hard to be humble when you’re perfect in every way.
    Model citizens, I applaud you. Keep up the good work.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News