Police Station Relocation Rumours

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Police Station Relocation Rumours

• Author

DR
    Participant

At the Town Centre Forum meeting this morning, the possibility of the main police station moving from the town centre and to another location was discussed.

North Wales Police told us “The long term aim is to have new facilities”, but at the moment no decision as to when or where the station would move has been made. However there would still be some form of station based in the town centre.

Would you miss having the main police station based in town? Where do you think could be a good alternative location?

Police Station Relocation Rumours | Wrexham.com

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The Police Station is not a pretty building but it is distinctive and easy to spot. When it was built is was considered to be state of the art but times change. I prefer traditional buildings as they don’t fall out of fashion.

As to where it should be relocated to? Being facetious I would suggest near to the Super Prison.

Metalhead
    Participant

From Mark Williams Tweet:

”please be assured when the police station is relocated….”

So has this already been decided then?

Surely this is not going to be a cheap project? and does Wrexham really need a new Police Station?

I agree it’s not a pretty building but is that really reason to bulldoze it down? Wrexham baths looks like a massive skateboarding ramp, perhaps that should go as well?

If the existing Police station is not adequate what about updating it?, surely that would be more cost effective? Could it not be extended and the car park relocated across the road on part of the site of the old Groves school?

…and perhaps the residents of Wrexham may prefer to see their taxes spent on other things?

Rob
    Participant

I am pretty sure most of the ‘tower’ bit is not being used currently.

The building is horrible inside and out IMHO !

Good that a town centre presence will be maintained though.

NJones
    Participant

Is there a suggestion that the building will be demolished or just that the police will move out? There is also the consideration of the birds that nest on the roof- maybe they provide the building some sort of protection?

Not sure what such a building could be used for.

zinger
    Participant

If they do relocate I do hope that they use one of the many existing buildings that are lying empty. Perhaps one of the deteriorating buildings on Grosvenor Road could be used. It might deter vandalism to what WAS the best looking street in Wrexham.

Taffy
    Participant

@zinger 8508 wrote:

If they do relocate I do hope that they use one of the many existing buildings that are lying empty. Perhaps one of the deteriorating buildings on Grosvenor Road could be used. It might deter vandalism to what WAS the best looking street in Wrexham.

Off topic….does anyone know who bought the old NHS site on Grosvenor Road and what their plans are for it?

NJones
    Participant

@Taffy 8510 wrote:

Off topic….does anyone know who bought the old NHS site on Grosvenor Road and what their plans are for it?

Not sure but they applied for planning to demolish the single story building at the rear.

Taffy
    Participant

@NJones 8511 wrote:

Not sure but they applied for planning to demolish the single story building at the rear.

Just been looking at the planning application on the council web site.
    The application is by Mr M F Kreft. Isn’t he the owner of a number of care homes?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I believe he is the owner of Pendine Park but don’t know what purpose he proposes to use the buildings for.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News