NHS In Wales

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum NHS In Wales

• Author

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

just because it’s on Guido’s blog doesn’t make it less true or more acceptable. You won’t find this reported on any left blogs as that would be admitting that employing two people to do one job is wrong. You will also find the lies and misinformation due to the fact that the labour Welsh Govt have chronically mismanaged the NHS. The medical staff struggling to deliver health care have told them, the patients struggling to live with health problems have told them but they continue to speed head long on the path they set due to their lack of honour, humility and honesty to admit they were wrong. What was the First Minister’s response to Dr’s telling him that the NHS was crippled? He said his old flat mates said it was fine.
    It is obvious that the WG is not able to manage a health service, it is time to stop pretending everything is fine. And if I sound angry and bitter, you bet I am, a 52 week wait for the pain clinic is not acceptable.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I agree with lots of the comments but we (the patients) also have to share some of the blame for going to GPs and A and E when a trip to the chemist could provide the necessary medication. People need to be more aware that minor cuts do not need the attention of a nurse or Doctor.
    There is also a shared blame with Local Authorities providing care packages when needed to allow a patient to be discharged rather than bed blocking.

JRW
    Participant

To give some balance to all the regressive links.
    Tory NHS sniping fails to hit targets | Vox Political

JRW
    Participant

We have now seen a retraction by the Daily Mail of their original allegations last Monday.It appears my first reply to this was indeed fair comment!

Rob
    Participant

The article remains up despite this : https://mobile.twitter.com/WelshGasDoc/status/525613573603864576/photo/1

which posts up:
    B0tawpsIAAARm5P.jpg

wrexview
    Participant

Daily Mail investigation reveals meltdown in Labour-run Welsh NHS | Daily Mail Online

Article still there , although seems something was changed, either added or subtracted, between the 19th and 20th of October.

JRW
    Participant

Of course I’m relying on my sources for this.Not being even a very rare buyer of The Mail.lol

99DylanJones
    Participant

The situation over one sided reporting by any media outlet has existed since the very first Caxton Press newspapers. What is good though is that it can stimulate debate which ultimately an individual will make there own mind and interpret fact/truth/fiction!
    In the case of health people will make their own judgement about quality or failings of the system based on what their last experience was with a GP or hospital and not necessarily linked to any media stories.

Ferret
    Participant

This is of course not about the DM’s concern for the Welsh NHS. It’s aimed straight at English voters in the 2015 general election none of whom know or care about anything in Wales. The point is to show how incompetent Labour are when given power. Pity for them that Stafford isn’t in Wales. Still, if you don’t want someone to beat you with a stick, don’t give ’em a stick.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Ferret I m sure that you are right and the reports will be gathering similar sensational stories to run a series about Education in Wales for the same Political sensationalism. Anyone can cherry pick an organisation and come up with a headline grabbing article- the reality is the public need to put these in the context of the whole picture.
    It can of course help focus inwardly and stimulate discussion by not allowing politicians to think everything is rosy in the garden. The press will often put items together that senior civil servants try and shield their Ministers from until it is to late and it blows u in their faces.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News