Local Elections 2012

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Local Elections 2012

• Author

Rob
    Participant

three more replies added this evening – Wrexham Council Local Elections 2012 | Wrexham.com Brynyffynnon, Ceiriog Valley & Chirk North

Wrexham PC Repairs
    Participant

I only ever see my Councillor once every four years, that’s when he’s canvassing for the forthcoming elections. I emailed him countless times to ask what Wrexham Council was doing to help save Wrexham FC and The Racecourse Ground and never received a single reply.

Needless to say that he won’t be getting my vote.

Rob
    Participant

A few candidates have mentioned WFC, and going to watch the reds.

One – Garden Village Election Candidates Question and Answer | Wrexham.com – mentions that the council not buying the club was the councils worst decision .

Wrexham PC Repairs
    Participant

You haven’t received a reply from my Councillor (as yet) which isn’t a big surprise.

Rob
    Participant

We have decided not to ‘chase up’ any candidates otherwise it could be seen as bias / unfair on those who have bothered to reply.

We did make it clear in the letter that:

“We will close off responses the week of the 23rd and ’empty chair’ any that we dont get replies to.”

We do have to go and take a picture of an empty chair now to put in place of those who dont reply! :)

Arfon Jones
    Participant

Laughed when I saw Mr Lipka’s comment on why he’s a Conservative:

Welsh Conservatives are helping people back to work

News to me!

Liam
    Participant

Today is the last day we’re accepting responses and already our inbox is bulging, could be a long one!

Pauliow
    Participant

I live in the Smithfield ward – disappointed to see that neither of the candidates in my area could be bothered to reply.

I have been eligible to vote for 26 years and have NEVER failed to vote in any election, but this honestly makes me wonder whether it is worthwhile on 3rd May.

I will probably turn up and spoil my ballot paper (though it hurts me to say it.)

Mike
    Participant

@Pauliow 718 wrote:

I live in the Smithfield ward – disappointed to see that neither of the candidates in my area could be bothered to reply.

I have been eligible to vote for 26 years and have NEVER failed to vote in any election, but this honestly makes me wonder whether it is worthwhile on 3rd May.

I will probably turn up and spoil my ballot paper (though it hurts me to say it.)

Sorry to hear that. There are some more responses going up as we speak but I don’t think any are from Smithfield. Candidates still have until midnight to get their answers in though!

Hopefully the candidates in your ward will show they are worthy of your vote between now and May 3rd.

Mike
    Participant

Final replies are being collated so if any candidates are out there and haven’t yet submitted their Q&A you have just under 2 hours left to take this chance to engage with potential voters in your area!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News