FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

• Author

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12962 wrote:

Question submitted by Beth via Twitter:

Will Mr Lucas group together with the other Welsh MP’s to demand that the WG sort out the NHS in Wales?

I hear complaints about the NHS in England every week in Parliament. Our NHS has issues everywhere – not just Wales.

Rob
    Participant

A question from me (sat next to Mr Lucas!) regarding the recent plans unveiled by the FA for a ‘B’ League in the football pyramid. If in place right now it would mean that Wrexham FC would be aiming to be promoted into a league filled with reserves/B squads from the Premier League.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on the plan, and if you would support a focus on investing in more grass roots coaching and the like rather than such a radical disruptive change?

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@Rob 12966 wrote:

Another question just popped in via email:

“Does Mr Lucas know how many of his constituents have been blocked by him on Twitter?”

Yes. I have blocked two people on Twitter who were rude and offensive. I have 3,235 followers currently.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@Rob 12970 wrote:

A question from me (sat next to Mr Lucas!) regarding the recent plans unveiled by the FA for a ‘B’ League in the football pyramid. If in place right now it would mean that Wrexham FC would be aiming to be promoted into a league filled with reserves/B squads from the Premier League.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on the plan, and if you would support a focus on investing in more grass roots coaching and the like rather than such a radical disruptive change?

I think the proposal increases the dominance of the. Premier League – a bad thing! I think we need to look at incentivising Trust and Supporter run clubs which, certainly for smaller clubs, is a more sustainable model.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

Thanks for taking part – a useful and interesting exercise in accountability. Thanks to Wrexham.com for organising!

Rob
    Participant

Many thanks to Ian for taking part – we hope the answers are of interest to readers and perhaps provoke further debate on issues raised!

Alunh
    Participant

@IanLucasLive 12956 wrote:

I don’t think we have a non-diverse system. Schools in Wrexham vary widely in performance. I think that different schools can have different strengths in a comprehensive system. We need to improve primary/secondary links and develop different strengths for particular schools.

Thank you for the response Ian. I don’t think that you have answered the question which was not about performance but structure. You will know that Wrexham Council tried to get the Welsh Assembly to allow the Superschools to offer different profiles to the community but were knocked back because the Welsh Assembly is dogmatically attached to ONE Comprehensive model (unless Faith or Language are involved). Hence whilst any range of school models are available in England, Wales has one and one only

wxm
    Participant

Questions and matters regularly raised and debated in these forums are once again prominent and at the top of the list … the town centre that does not have an effective offer or community heart, the need to improve education especially schools in and out of special measures, health especially the emerging need for better access to GP’s, and the overall continued economic and jobs decline. The ‘cuts’ that are not part of a single plan for a Wrexham, and with true consultation and leadership could spend the money we have as a community better. While Wrexham does not address these issues, other localities will thrive, and leave Wrexham further and further behind.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News