FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

• Author

DR
    Participant

On Friday we will be hosting a forum web chat with Wrexham MP, Ian Lucas.

The web chat will take place from 2 -3pm on Friday 9th May.

You can submit questions in advance on the forums, or by emailing [email protected].

You can also participate on the day by posting on this thread, emailing us or tweeting @wrexham.

We will be accepting questions for the web chat from now.

This is a good chance to ask any burning questions you have about Wrexham and local politics.

You can also look at the answers from our previous web chat with Inspector Wycherely here: https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/1066-live-webchat-inspector-paul-wycherley.html

99DylanJones
    Participant

Question for Ian Lucas

If Labour was in control in Westminster would they have a policy of investing in dying town centres such as Wrexham or would they be prepared to accept trade has changed so much the future of these areas is residential rather than retail?

morri58
    Participant

What does Mr Lucas think of the current state of Wrexham town centre. Going through it it’s virtually dead & Eagles meadow is pretty much the same. The town centre now looks very drab. What does Mr Lucas think should be done to get it back to what it was some years back. It’s sad to see how it’s gone it’s no surprise people are going to Chester or other places to shop.

Alunh
    Participant

Hi Ian

Whilst much good work is now being done to turn around the 2 surviving town centre Secondary Super Schools, it remains clear that the Comprehensive model in Wrexham is flawed. Do you think that the previous Labour Government were right in trying to introduce variety and parental choice into Secondary Education in England or do you support the current Welsh Assembly approach based upon the ‘One size fits all principle’?

What would you do bar tinkering with the running of the individual schools to persuade parents to send their youngsters to local schools?

wrexview
    Participant

Our local hospital is having problems with ambulances waiting outside A&E daily because a shortage of beds / staff. It is something that affects all of us. His party is in power in the Welsh Assembly and our AM shares an office with him, what pressure is he bringing to bear to sort the problem out?

MadMan
    Participant

What are your views on fracking in this country?

MadMan
    Participant

I have heard about recent issues with our health services in recent months and i am extremely unhappy. First the GP services we have in the area are diabolical. In Gwersyllt they expect you to accept an appointment in two weeks time if there are any urgency you could die because of this it is plain and simple and yet you seem to be scratching your heads over why A&E is busy its because we do not have sufficient GP services area. GP’s also seem to be gatekeepers for the NHS and do not think of the health of the patient 100% of the time. I believe in the NHS, but there needs to be more money spent on healthcare in targeted areas we do not need the latest killer machine for our army think of people in our country that need your help.

MadMan
    Participant

I should get to the point. My question i what do you propose to improve health services in the area?

DR
    Participant

Question submitted via email:

What are your views on the privacy concerns laid out by Edward Snowden? I just think instead of spending money on spying on us use that money for the NHS seems like a good idea to me don’t you?

DR
    Participant

Question submitted via email:

What do you propose to improve health services (GP Services and Hospital (including A&E) in the area?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham