FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

• Author

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@MadMan 12935 wrote:

What are your views on fracking in this country?

I live in Wrexham with my family and oppose any dangerous activities. However, we cannot oppose development without evidence and we need to know the scientific and environmental impacts which should guide policy.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@MadMan 12939 wrote:

I should get to the point. My question i what do you propose to improve health services in the area?

GP services need to reflect the development of Wrexham and we have to integrate NHS services into the town’s expansion. I think the NHS Trust should play a stronger role in controlling GPs’ expansion or restriction of patient lists.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12945 wrote:

Question submitted via email:

What are your views on the privacy concerns laid out by Edward Snowden? I just think instead of spending money on spying on us use that money for the NHS seems like a good idea to me don’t you?

Security services need to be held to be held to account in a democracy. Openness fosters better governance, in my experience.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12947 wrote:

Question via email from Alex:

Why do the government see fit to still be charging businesses the business valuations set in 2008? Surely this is not an incentive to encourage new businesses and current businesses being treated unfairly..

I need to have more detail on this but revaluation in residential property happened in Wales but not in England in 2005. I think it better to have a system that truly reflects current values but winners welcome this and losers will oppose.

DR
    Participant

Question submitted by Beth via Twitter:

Will Mr Lucas group together with the other Welsh MP’s to demand that the WG sort out the NHS in Wales?

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12948 wrote:

Question submitted by Derek via email:

What is Mr Lucas’s view on increasing the number of Assembly Members as the number of devolved work areas increases and should there still remain the same number of MPs if more and more things are handed to Wales to govern?

If substantial powers are granted to the Assembly, there is a case for more AMs subject to public consent. Labour reduced the number of MPs in Scotland when it increased the MSPs and the same could happen in Wales but it reduces Wales’ impact in Parliament.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12949 wrote:

Question submitted via email by Michael:

Do you have any sensible suggestions were Wrexham Council can find savings over the next 3 years with out punishing rate payers any further?, also how dos he feel about the 3% council tax increase when reducing services and awarding upper council officials pay rises?

The bottom line is that the Council have less money because the UK Government has reduced the money available. We need to integrate public service budgets in, for example, health and social care.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12950 wrote:

Question submitted by Jason via Facebook:

How can you justify and allow the closure of such important facilities within Wrexham not just over a week ago councillor a were saying they wanted tourism to come to Wrexham/

I thought labour was meant to fight for the working man?? When clearly there will be job cuts within the council you yourself should be saying start at the top of the ladder not the bottom

If you have less money, you cannot spend the same. The Tory/Lib-Dem Government has cut the budget. I agree that management and senior posts should be reviewed. Everything should because the situation is very serious.

Rob
    Participant

Another question just popped in via email:

“Does Mr Lucas know how many of his constituents have been blocked by him on Twitter?”

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@darryl 12953 wrote:

Question submitted by Harvey via Facebook:

What was the point in building a bus shelter in overton and then reducing the bus service even more? What about the people who don’t have cars? Overton and surrounding areas are in the middle of nowhere so we are now segregated from the outside world even more.

@darryl 12954 wrote:

Question submitted by Mark via Facebook:

Town Link (Pat’s Coaches/GHA)
    This service will be withdrawn. Partial replacement for the Colliery Houses (Stansty Road) area will be available on service 17 (see above) how much did they spend on high street to start this ?

These both relate to Council decisions. Bus routes are vulnerable in rural areas when budgets are cut. I understand the budget on King street was a dedicated budget which could not be used for anything else.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo