FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum FRIDAY: Ian Lucas Web Chat – Post Your Questions Now

• Author

DR
    Participant

Question via email from Alex:

Why do the government see fit to still be charging businesses the business valuations set in 2008? Surely this is not an incentive to encourage new businesses and current businesses being treated unfairly..

DR
    Participant

Question submitted by Derek via email:

What is Mr Lucas’s view on increasing the number of Assembly Members as the number of devolved work areas increases and should there still remain the same number of MPs if more and more things are handed to Wales to govern?

DR
    Participant

Question submitted via email by Michael:

Do you have any sensible suggestions were Wrexham Council can find savings over the next 3 years with out punishing rate payers any further?, also how dos he feel about the 3% council tax increase when reducing services and awarding upper council officials pay rises?

DR
    Participant

Question submitted by Jason via Facebook:

How can you justify and allow the closure of such important facilities within Wrexham not just over a week ago councillor a were saying they wanted tourism to come to Wrexham/

I thought labour was meant to fight for the working man?? When clearly there will be job cuts within the council you yourself should be saying start at the top of the ladder not the bottom

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@99DylanJones 12925 wrote:

Question for Ian Lucas

If Labour was in control in Westminster would they have a policy of investing in dying town centres such as Wrexham or would they be prepared to accept trade has changed so much the future of these areas is residential rather than retail?

I believe strongly that we should have more residential property in the town centre. First, it addresses the need for housing. Second, i believe it will support economic development in the town centre too.

DR
    Participant

Question submitted by Harvey via Facebook:

What was the point in building a bus shelter in overton and then reducing the bus service even more? What about the people who don’t have cars? Overton and surrounding areas are in the middle of nowhere so we are now segregated from the outside world even more.

DR
    Participant

Question submitted by Mark via Facebook:

Town Link (Pat’s Coaches/GHA)
    This service will be withdrawn. Partial replacement for the Colliery Houses (Stansty Road) area will be available on service 17 (see above) how much did they spend on high street to start this ?

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@morri58 12926 wrote:

What does Mr Lucas think of the current state of Wrexham town centre. Going through it it’s virtually dead & Eagles meadow is pretty much the same. The town centre now looks very drab. What does Mr Lucas think should be done to get it back to what it was some years back. It’s sad to see how it’s gone it’s no surprise people are going to Chester or other places to shop.

I have visitors to Wrexham who tell me the town centre is better than they expected. Obviously, I would prefer no empty shops but I remember the developments problems in Wrexham in the 1980s. i think we need to get more people to be positive about the town. The new shops in Bank Street are good and our shops now need to reflect our changed town – diverse and, for example, with a university.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@Alunh 12927 wrote:

Hi Ian

Whilst much good work is now being done to turn around the 2 surviving town centre Secondary Super Schools, it remains clear that the Comprehensive model in Wrexham is flawed. Do you think that the previous Labour Government were right in trying to introduce variety and parental choice into Secondary Education in England or do you support the current Welsh Assembly approach based upon the ‘One size fits all principle’?

What would you do bar tinkering with the running of the individual schools to persuade parents to send their youngsters to local schools?

I don’t think we have a non-diverse system. Schools in Wrexham vary widely in performance. I think that different schools can have different strengths in a comprehensive system. We need to improve primary/secondary links and develop different strengths for particular schools.

IanLucasLive
    Participant

@wrexview 12932 wrote:

Our local hospital is having problems with ambulances waiting outside A&E daily because a shortage of beds / staff. It is something that affects all of us. His party is in power in the Welsh Assembly and our AM shares an office with him, what pressure is he bringing to bear to sort the problem out?

Health, as you know, is devolved. But it does affect us all and I hear complaints too. In the NHS, this will be the case but specific problems have to be recognised and dealt with. I raise issues with our AM and press on behalf of constituents.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News