Bad driving hotspots in town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad driving hotspots in town?

  • Author
    Posts
  • #55964

    Speediecars
    Participant

    Totally agree with ‘Liam’ and ‘Bprn Acorn’.

    Always see cars staying the in left lane until the last moment and then nearly cause an accident when they cut in. Dont think the drivers realise that a huge white left arrow means ‘turn left only not ‘this lane is for undercutting traffic while trying to avoid a collison and if you are in a collison blame the other drive’!

    Tesco’s is another nightmare. The exit is terrible especially on a saturday and I cant understand why the back gate out of Tesco is never open, it certainly puts me off shopping there as Tesco getting way too busy!!

    #55978

    justjojo2011
    Participant

    @Warbie2707 767 wrote:

    My bug bare is the road past Dunelm Mill. Why do people stop?? There are No stop signs just keep on going and filter in the way the road was designed to be drove on. :mad:

    I ask my mum that very same question when she stops. The answer? Because none of the numpties will actually let you filter in, and this is mostly true. No one wants anyone else getting in front of them, just in case they get there first.

    I don’t drive personally, but I have noticed a few spots where car drivers seem to do whatever the hell they please.

    The worst one is the “new” road layout by Eagles Meadow. How difficult is it to go in the right hand lane if you want to go up Derby Hill? The left hand lane clearly states it is for turning left and Derby Hill is NOT turning left. In fact, it’s not even a junction off the roundabout.

    Another bad spot for me is the crossing by the doctors on Holt Road. Do car drivers know what it means when those lights turn to red? They do know they are supposed to stop? or is there a new highway code that says red is really green in disguise?

    The crossing on the other side of Asda is another bad one I find, for the exact same reasons. Morons who got their lisence from lisence.

    Anywhere that has 2 lanes also seems to be a problem. Car drivers seem to have this weird notion that 2 lanes = national speed limit.

    When I worked in my previous job and used to walk up Holt Road at 6:30am, I would notice numerous cars flying up and down Holt Road and speeds that were definitely higher than 30mph.

    In conclusion, I don’t think it’s the roads that are the problem. It’s the morons who use them.

    #55965

    ScooterSharon
    Participant

    @justjojo2011 1105 wrote:

    Anywhere that has 2 lanes also seems to be a problem. Car drivers seem to have this weird notion that 2 lanes = national speed limit.

    In conclusion, I don’t think it’s the roads that are the problem. It’s the morons who use them.

    I agree, the amount of times I have been in the right hand lane because I am travelling through and don’t need to be in the left hand lane and then see drivers trying to then push in front when they had plenty of chances to have gotten in right hand lane before the junctions. Prefer using my scooter than try driving with some of the drivers who seem to have gotten their licenses from ibside a cereal packet

    #55948

    wrexview
    Participant

    Even on the odd days when Tesco decide to open the rear gate, they have no signage to direct people.Much better use could easily be made of the rear exit.

    #55956

    Born Acorn
    Participant

    It seems the new Eagles Meadow junction is popular. I don’t eve think it’s down to signage, there is a yellow sign on the approach as well as the paint. I think people just do it because they can.

    As for merging in turn by Dunhelm, it would still be standard practice to try doing so; if nobody lets you out stop further along rather than right away so those behind you can carry on rather than blocking the road.

    #55961

    Warbie2707
    Participant

    @speediecars 1014 wrote:

    Totally agree with ‘Liam’ and ‘Bprn Acorn’.

    Always see cars staying the in left lane until the last moment and then nearly cause an accident when they cut in. Dont think the drivers realise that a huge white left arrow means ‘turn left only not ‘this lane is for undercutting traffic while trying to avoid a collison and if you are in a collison blame the other drive’!

    Tesco’s is another nightmare. The exit is terrible especially on a saturday and I cant understand why the back gate out of Tesco is never open, it certainly puts me off shopping there as Tesco getting way too busy!!

    I agree Tesco is a nightmare, and it puts me off shopping there. But since the Tesco in Cefn Mawr has oped i now travel there, a few miles extra on my journey but so much easier.

    #55979

    Andy
    Participant

    Hi all! I thought I would join in with this. I do a lot of driving around Wrexham and the roundabout on the Mold road as you come from Stansty/Sainsburys has become a dangerous hotspot. On approach there is a large sign designating the right lane as Chester only and the centre lane is straight on for Berse road or right for Mold/Oswestry and the lane is marked straight/or turn right. A lot of drivers take the right hand lane and then filter left across 3 lanes for the A483 south. I have had a lot of near misses and a few altercations with other drivers. There needs to be clearer lane marking at this roundabout.

    #55945

    Rob
    Participant

    @Andy 1139 wrote:

    Hi all! I thought I would join in with this. I do a lot of driving around Wrexham and the roundabout on the Mold road as you come from Stansty/Sainsburys has become a dangerous hotspot. On approach there is a large sign designating the right lane as Chester only and the centre lane is straight on for Berse road or right for Mold/Oswestry and the lane is marked straight/or turn right. A lot of drivers take the right hand lane and then filter left across 3 lanes for the A483 south. I have had a lot of near misses and a few altercations with other drivers. There needs to be clearer lane marking at this roundabout.

    Hi Andy welcome to the forums!

    I know what you mean about that roundabout as there are signs that contradict the markings on the road!

    Heading out of town there is a sign that says two are straight on but the paint says one is right only! Totally crazy.

    #55980

    Andy
    Participant

    Hi Rob. The centre lane is marked straight AND turn right.

    Ah. I just read your post correctly. You are talking of coming up the Mold road from town. 3 lane approach and 3 lane exit yet the right lane is turn right only when you could just stay in lane and go straight in the right lane and onto the A483 roundabout and turn right for Chester.
    I’m happy to see those ridiculous lane markings have been put right on the A483/Mold roundabout though.

    #55986

    Darlofan
    Participant

    One for me is the roundabout at Rhostyllen Jct3 on the 483 by the little chef.
    I come down the slip road from chester everyday in the right lane to take the 3rd exit up to Johnstown. As you get onto the roundabout there is regularly someone joins from Rhostyllen without giving way to me from the right. they think as its a large roundabout and you’re in the right lane it’ll be ok to keep to the left of you, which then causes a problem as you cross to the left to leave the roundabout. It must be the only roundabout where giving way to traffic from the right does not apply.:rolleyes:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

LFG! Deadpool & Wolverine floral artwork appears in Wrexham overnight

News

Save the date! Huge Playday event returning to Wrexham city centre this summer

News

Funding secured to continue Schoolbeat Cymru in north Wales schools

News

Wrexham employees raise over £1,000 for Nightingale House Hospice

News

Teaching at Wrexham University ranked top in Wales

News

Chester Zoo announces sudden loss of beloved Asian elephant

News