Bad driving hotspots in town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad driving hotspots in town?

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Its a poor roundabout to come on to from Rhostyllen. You have to watch out for traffic already on the roundabout as well as judging speed of traffic coming down the slip road.
    I see the other side of your issue as I can only drive slowly around the island but cars coming off the bypass seem to think they have right of way even though I am on island before them. They then tailgate me all the way around until they take the Johnstown turn off.

Hope its not me causing you issues ;)

Born Acorn
    Participant

@Darlofan 1186 wrote:

One for me is the roundabout at Rhostyllen Jct3 on the 483 by the little chef.
    I come down the slip road from chester everyday in the right lane to take the 3rd exit up to Johnstown. As you get onto the roundabout there is regularly someone joins from Rhostyllen without giving way to me from the right. they think as its a large roundabout and you’re in the right lane it’ll be ok to keep to the left of you, which then causes a problem as you cross to the left to leave the roundabout. It must be the only roundabout where giving way to traffic from the right does not apply.:rolleyes:

One thing that irks me is that the Rhostyllen road here does not join the roundabout at the right angle. I always find myself having to excessively turn when getting on the roundabout coming from Rhostyllen, especially when in the right lane!

Darlofan
    Participant

@Chris 1190 wrote:

Its a poor roundabout to come on to from Rhostyllen. You have to watch out for traffic already on the roundabout as well as judging speed of traffic coming down the slip road.
    I see the other side of your issue as I can only drive slowly around the island but cars coming off the bypass seem to think they have right of way even though I am on island before them. They then tailgate me all the way around until they take the Johnstown turn off.

Hope its not me causing you issues ;)

No I don’t think it’s ever been you. Just looked at your avatar and realised who you are. Nice bacon sandwiches by the way. I’m popping into T Lodge next week i’ll pop over for lunch.

rockchicklau
    Participant

My biggest issues are with the Gresford roundabout and the B&Q roundabout (mainly coming off A483 from Gresford). The council changed the road layout at B&Q about twelve months ago …. I went on at them about not putting a sign up. They finally did….and now they’ve changed it back … and at first left the sign up…until I went on and on at them via Twitter. People go in the left lane when wanting to go to B&Q, Tax Office, Maelor etc…..which is what the Council did change it to. But now they’ve changed the markings and no one seems to look at them. They end up cutting in, and there is going to be a bump one of these days.

Similar thing on Gresford roundabout – which happens to be my second gripe.
    People go in the middle lane and move/push in to the right lane whilst going around the roundabout……sometimes moving right and going off for Nantwich bypass.

angryShopper
    Participant

Actually saw a police car parked up on the roundabout at eagles medow, officer must have been enjoying the waterfall as they can’t have been doing any work, the crime free booming economic power house that is EM does not need police xD It’s not just the police who think it’s a car park, and it’s not the only roundabout with this problem

The round about on queensway which should be a junction always has cars parked on it, something about the chav / wrexhamite which seems to think it’s an entitlement to park outside ones home regardless of junctions, roundabouts and other devices.

Gresford roundabout works rockchicklau, it’s got the problem of “only large roundabout for 30 miles” symdrome, there is a roundabout like this in stockport only it’s 6 lanes not 3 and it works.

THe B&Q situation is a riot, if you treat it as “2 lanes off” into town (past the racecourse) the car in front of you will stop way before the lights (he’s going to b&q) u dodge him and use the 2nd lane in town and get looked at as if you are the devil,

I think all of these problems come down to people only driving in wrexham, and living in the weeds, I drive in cities loads, people know how to handle large complex junctions you don’t get the problems, around here, it’s just small town, small minded road hogs, hogging the wrong lane, and shoutin at you if u try and get on with your drive, it’s some weird “que system” entitlement,

Chris
    Participant

@angryShopper 2112 wrote:

Actually saw a police car parked up on the roundabout at eagles medow, officer must have been enjoying the waterfall as they can’t have been doing any work, the crime free booming economic power house that is EM does not need police xD It’s not just the police who think it’s a car park, and it’s not the only roundabout with this problem

The round about on queensway which should be a junction always has cars parked on it, something about the chav / wrexhamite which seems to think it’s an entitlement to park outside ones home regardless of junctions, roundabouts and other devices.

Gresford roundabout works rockchicklau, it’s got the problem of “only large roundabout for 30 miles” symdrome, there is a roundabout like this in stockport only it’s 6 lanes not 3 and it works.

THe B&Q situation is a riot, if you treat it as “2 lanes off” into town (past the racecourse) the car in front of you will stop way before the lights (he’s going to b&q) u dodge him and use the 2nd lane in town and get looked at as if you are the devil,

I think all of these problems come down to people only driving in wrexham, and living in the weeds, I drive in cities loads, people know how to handle large complex junctions you don’t get the problems, around here, it’s just small town, small minded road hogs, hogging the wrong lane, and shoutin at you if u try and get on with your drive, it’s some weird “que system” entitlement,

I guess you dont drive loads in major cities then. Gresford roundabout like most in Wrexham have evolved (thanks to our local agencies) into over complicated que makers. I mean if you try to follow the road markings you stand no chance.

As someone who drives loads in most of the major cities ie London Manchester Liverpool Birmingham Glasgow etc I feel the standard of driving is no better or worse than most of the country. Infact to drive in large cities it a great advantage to remove mirrors and disable indicators, that way you will drive like a local.

angryShopper
    Participant

There is a round about in stockport manchester which has 6 lanes, I drive in manchester and liverpool a hell of a lot!

See that’s the thing you expect it in a city, you expect the other guy to cut you off or try a move at the lights, so people seem to not get angry when it happens, around here, even if your legal (like two lanes past the racecourse) people will try and race after the speed camera so you can’t get in, or close up so you can’t get in, and hav eu have to barge in, because they think everyone should que up in one lane, I past about 15 cars the other day past the uni getting into town only to have some wheelchair mobile type car race up and try to squeeze me into the oncoming lane

NJones
    Participant

@Chris 2117 wrote:

I guess you dont drive loads in major cities then. Gresford roundabout like most in Wrexham have evolved (thanks to our local agencies) into over complicated que makers. I mean if you try to follow the road markings you stand no chance.

As someone who drives loads in most of the major cities ie London Manchester Liverpool Birmingham Glasgow etc I feel the standard of driving is no better or worse than most of the country. Infact to drive in large cities it a great advantage to remove mirrors and disable indicators, that way you will drive like a local.

I agree, but if you come from Wrexham and get off for Gresford there isn’t actually a lane for you. Left lane is painted to go to Pandy, second to the industrial estate and third lane is painted for link road and Acton. Drivers have to drop across a lane whichever they take.

Andy
    Participant

Not true.You take the third lane i.e turning right. The lane then opens up into two and you stay in lane for Gresford. What you don’t do is come down the centre lane and cut across into other drivers path.

harry
    Participant

I hate the rounderbout by Asda. If your leaving asda I can never tell if people in the outside lane are going all the way around or to asda itself!

and the middle lane coming from sains to mold road rounderbout clearly says OSWESTRY A483 why do people still use the inside lane and cut you up?!

And coming off at J5 fom Oswestry direction the sign says right lane Hospital , left lane town, yet people still use it and right lane and cut over just by the bridge. this also cuase ques back off the slip rd on to the 483

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News