Bad driving hotspots in town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bad driving hotspots in town?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Following on from the thread about car insurance and good / bad driving – where do you think is the worst place or places for bad driving around town?

For me the Tesco roundabout by the swimming pool can be crazy for people not indicating or swinging off randomly across several lanes…

Infact, indicating on roundabouts seems to be a novelty for wrexhamites! :D

What about you?

wrexview
    Participant

Ditto, but around the Gresford roundabout from all directions!

Simon
    Participant

Under Rhosddu railway bridge. I’d love to know how many wing mirrors have been lost under there :rolleyes:

Sainsburys Roundabout. People don’t stick to the lanes. It’s like playing russian roulette negotiating that roundabout!

ART300
    Participant

Re:Accident on the A483 today . Tragic to hear of the death of one driver and so may injured but when will drivers stop tailgating ? These multiple accidents are caused by travelling too close for the speed . Also , when we had visible Police Traffic Patrols people drove better . Let’s bring them back to prevent this kind of event – there are always Police available AFTER an incident !

Warbie2707
    Participant

My bug bare is the road past Dunelm Mill. Why do people stop?? There are No stop signs just keep on going and filter in the way the road was designed to be drove on. :mad:

Rob
    Participant

@Warbie2707 767 wrote:

My bug bare is the road past Dunelm Mill. Why do people stop?? There are No stop signs just keep on going and filter in the way the road was designed to be drove on. :mad:

That’s a very good shout!

The other one is Bradley Rd / Watery Rd roundabout, two lanes at the end one to go left down Brook St the other straight on or right – people sit in the middle not indicating :rolleyes:

Liam
    Participant

I nominate people coming through the traffic calming measures just before Morgan Llwyd, the amount of chancers you get flying out when they don’t have right of way is stupid.

Mike Davies
    Participant

@Liam 770 wrote:

I nominate people coming through the traffic calming measures just before Morgan Llwyd, the amount of chancers you get flying out when they don’t have right of way is stupid.

I have an idea that the dangerous and badly designed chicanes on Cefn Road are to be removed shortly, after much campaigning. ;-)

Rob
    Participant

@Mike Davies 773 wrote:

I have an idea that the dangerous and badly designed chicanes on Cefn Road are to be removed shortly, after much campaigning. ;-)

There’s me thinking it was part of a cunning plan to bring F1 to Wrexham!

Warbie2707
    Participant

@Mike Davies 773 wrote:

I agree they should be removed. They have removed the ones off gutter hill in rhos and it works so much better and as said it will stop the chancers from pulling out and causing prolems.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News