The lemon tree lmfao

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The lemon tree lmfao

• Author

sparky1
    Participant

We are a small restaurant and we are looking for solo musicians to play in our restaurant. This is not a paying job, but you promote your work and sell cd’s if you have any it will be only for special events which will eventually turn into a nightly event, that’s if we get a positive response. It can be Jazz, Rock, & smooth type music. If you are you interested in promoting your work? Please reply back ASAP

sparky1
    Participant

Hello ! I am a musician with a big house looking for a restaurateur to come to my house to promote his/her restaurant by making dinner for me and my friends. This is not a paying job, but only for special events which will eventually turn into a nightly event if we get a positive response. More fine dining & exotic meals and mixed Ethnic Fusion cuisine. Are you interested to promote your restaurant? Please reply back ASAP

Metalhead
    Participant

Don’t see what’s wrong with this TBH, nobody is forcing musicians to play there for free. Some may be willing to give it a go as an opportunity to display their talent?

sparky1
    Participant

My Point is what if all venues decided to do this? Pubs making loads of money from exploiting the minority! The talent of this land that is I can see musicians all across the world trying to play on streets in parks begging for money so they can buy instruments etc O M G WHAT WOULD WREXHAM LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not only are the cutting the funding on the VIC!!!!!!!!! But want Wrexham bands and musicians to play for free
    THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH

Metalhead
    Participant

But nobody is forcing musicians to play there for free, can totally understand why some would not want to but can also appreciate why others may be willing to give it a try. If no acts come forward then that will be that but as I said earlier I really don’t see what’s wrong with trying this TBH.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t see a problem. It gives unknowns somewhere to show their potential and who knows what it may lead to. I can’t see that someone would get a paid job doing this type of thing without experience.

sparky1
    Participant

my point is If you were an electrician would you fit lights for free? just to gain experience!!!!!!!!!!!! or untill you have enough people see the light?

johnhoppy
    Participant

I think a few of you have little idea of how much money a pub makes out of entertainment. It is 14 years since I left the licensed trade, and even then it would cost at least £100 to provide decent entertainment in a pub. A lot of pints have to be sold to MAKE that sort of money. You have the satisfaction of filling up your pub (which is a feel good factor) but it doubtful if you actually make much profit on the night. In larger establishments it may be profitable, but for the average pub….no.

zinger
    Participant

If I were an electrician, I would have served an apprenticeship and worked for low wages for a while and because I am a nice person I just might, dependent on the circumstances ….. On the opposite side of the fence, I wouldn’t let an unqualified electrician fit my lights for free, particularly without experience first.
    Tell me, unless you heard a musician play or he/she was recommended to you, would you book him/her? It could kill your business if they were rubbish. They have the choice here. Nobody is making them apply.

jimbow
    Participant

Why not use the Salvation Army Band, I am sure they would entertain, in the hope that customers would dip into their pockets to support them .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News