The lemon tree lmfao

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The lemon tree lmfao

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

John Lennon got started at The Lemon Tree in exactly this way.

As did Buzz Aldrin.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Not many musicians get into music for money, most do it for the love of making/playing music. It’s not about money for the serious musician. Good luck to them. Slagging off a really good idea just shows an awful lot.

sparky1
    Participant

@justjojo2011 19925 wrote:

Not many musicians get into music for money, most do it for the love of making/playing music. It’s not about money for the serious musician. Good luck to them. Slagging off a really good idea just shows an awful lot.

“slagging off” yes you got that right and only because as a singer in a rock band i know how much things cost first hand first off the equpiment, a small pa is around £500,(you could hire one for about £60 but!! ) then to pay for a room to practice in is about £15 a session, to learn a set of say 1hr of songs take a good band around 10 sessions, oh then you have the cost of guitars drums amps etc oh and then you have to get there !!!!!!!!! mmmmmm yes we do it for the love of music but we do ask in return a few quid to pay towards the cost of fuel and a pint or pop I dont think thats too much to ask for DO YOU ???
    what is your job and would you do it ??????????????

Sheefag
    Participant

GOOD LORD, Sparky I’ve just realised, You’re BRYAN ADAMS.

Bryan, what’s happened Man, you’ve changed.

Spy Bee
    Participant

Darlofan
    Participant

@sparky1 19929 wrote:

“slagging off” yes you got that right and only because as a singer in a rock band i know how much things cost first hand first off the equpiment, a small pa is around £500,(you could hire one for about £60 but!! ) then to pay for a room to practice in is about £15 a session, to learn a set of say 1hr of songs take a good band around 10 sessions, oh then you have the cost of guitars drums amps etc oh and then you have to get there !!!!!!!!! mmmmmm yes we do it for the love of music but we do ask in return a few quid to pay towards the cost of fuel and a pint or pop I dont think thats too much to ask for DO YOU ???
    what is your job and would you do it ??????????????

You have to speculate to accumulate. There could be a band out there that have not much experience, this gives them a chance of playing in a nice place with a good chance of exposure and more work out of it.

Sheefag
    Participant

Good point, well made Spy Bee.
    Perhaps a compromise may be reached whereby the Artiste(s) could be paid in freehand drawn spiders?

spiderdrawing.gif

Next time, I’ll spend the money on drugs instead.

Alunh
    Participant

Sorry to say, but the poster needs to get into the real world. Thousands of youngsters play football for free in the hope that they will make the grade, often for clubs that charge the punters for entry. Why do they do it? It’s a platform.

The music game and the band game has always been difficult in terms of actually getting paid. Half the battle is to find somewhere that you can actually play in front of real people and is warm……in other words, not your garage. Of course, if you reach a level of performance, experience and profile, demand for services will bring about payment. Even then, there will be hurdles and frustrations. I watched Ian McNab a couple of years ago supporting Simple Minds in the Echo arena. He was once in a successful outfit called the Icicle Works. He had paid to get on the gig that night and this is a common feature of larger venues. To get on many shows as support, and I am talking locally here, the support artist will be expected to either pay cash to get on the list or sell large amounts of tickets.

No one here is being forced to do anything and the idea is an idea that might get no positive response. I recall in my early dj’ing period getting a couple of pints (at best) for an evening’s work. If you are good enough….the cash will follow

Saxon1
    Participant

Could not agree more Alunh. My son is a DJ and did lots of gigs up and down everywhere before he actually charged a fee. You have to get your name out there and sometimes you just have to do it for the publicity.
    If your good then you will get work from doing a few freebies by word of mouth.

Captain C
    Participant

It’s sad that these days the Club circuit has gone. When I was young(er) I sang in a Club Circuit band and we were booked up Saturday and Sunday 52 weeks a year. We had a great grounding and were always in demand. I was chatting to a guy the other day and he was chuffed that they had a gig coming up in April, how times have changed.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police operation to tackle off-road bikes being used anti-socially and illegally in Wrexham

News

New Police and Crime Commissioner would not abolish Police and Crime Commissioner role

News

Wales’ train services branded ‘simply inadequate’ during major events

News

Change of direction on 20mph and new roads will boost north east Wales economy, claim business leaders

News

Route unveiled as Wrexham prepares to host Tour of Britain Women!

News

‘Over 500 people’ register interest in new Rossett housing development

News