Wrexham Parliamentary Election on the 7th May

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Parliamentary Election on the 7th May

• Author

CerysHughes
    Participant

extremist independents:

How many independents have there been? and how many of them have been extremists?

CerysHughes
    Participant

Mr Wynn,

Are you up for a TV debate?

Wouldn’t it be a good advert for Glyndwr Uni’s Media Dept to hold a TV debate?

It would be good if the candidates stopped hiding behind press releases, letters, email and tweets.

PhilWynn
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19837 wrote:

Mr Wynn,

Are you up for a TV debate?

Wouldn’t it be a good advert for Glyndwr Uni’s Media Dept to hold a TV debate?

It would be good if the candidates stopped hiding behind press releases, letters, email and tweets.

Cerys

I have already replied to wrexham.com who are putting on a video interview for all candidates, if they wish to partake. My understanding is we all be asked the same set of questions on video.

The new digital age provides no hiding place for candidates so for those who are connected then there is hopefully no excuses about voting in ignorance.

I’m not IT savy but I’ve been busy this evening setting up my own email domain name and Facebook campaign page. Hopefully this shows willingness on my part to engage with the voter.

I believe some old-fashioned hustlings are being put on in Wrexham,so that promises to be another new life experience for me.

Many thanks for your question.
    Phil Wynn
    Prospective Candidate for MP for the
    Wrexham constituency.

CerysHughes
    Participant

You’ve lost my vote then.

Sheefag
    Participant

@Metalhead 19828 wrote:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen Godwin’s Law mentioned so early in a thread before! :)

Although I’ll be shocked to see anything other than the usual result come voting day in Wrexham it’s good to see new candidates deciding to throw their hats in the ring. Best of luck Cllr. Wynn.

I believe at least one of them briefly mentioned plans to annexe the Sudetenland.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Cerys what wad in the response to Clr Wynn that’s changed your mind.

wrexview
    Participant

There have been no public hustings for years, the only thing that usually happens now is one husting organised by the local churches.

Chris
    Participant

Well Phil I might just get my backside to the voting booth this election, pending your manifesto. Pob lwc

Hollywood
    Participant

Finally, somebody worth voting for. Somebody who is not a yes man to the party whip. Somebody local who can be trusted. Someone who won’t steal our pensions and slash police / nhs / council services. Good luck Phil.

CerysHughes
    Participant

@99DylanJones 19843 wrote:

Cerys what wad in the response to Clr Wynn that’s changed your mind.

To paraphrase his response: me, me and talk about me.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News