Wrexham Parliamentary Election on the 7th May

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Parliamentary Election on the 7th May

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Sounds interesting if Wrexham.com are going to run a video interview with all candidates on the same issues — this will overcome reading candidates manefestos that are either written by Party spin doctors or giving answers that they think the electorate want to hear.

CerysHughes
    Participant

@99DylanJones 19843 wrote:

Cerys what wad in the response to Clr Wynn that’s changed your mind.

And he also he didn;t answer the question, he just defected it by changing the subject.

PhilWynn
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19837 wrote:

Mr Wynn,

Are you up for a TV debate?

Wouldn’t it be a good advert for Glyndwr Uni’s Media Dept to hold a TV

It would be good if the candidates stopped hiding behind press releases, letters, email and tweets.

Cerys

Yes,

Yes if the other candidates are up for it,

Happy to engage with you in person if you would like to send me your contact details. By the way is Cerys your real name or are you hiding yourself, like many others do on social media sites?

Phil Wynn

zinger
    Participant

Good Luck Mr Wynn. I am not a political person. I pick up good items out of the various manifesto’s I read but then I will see something that I don’t like. You post on here and give a rounded point of view which seems very sensible. You come across as an honest man who cares very much for the town that we live in. Give it your best shot and may the best man win.

gertie
    Participant

Oh dear, The Cllr Wynn re election campaign for Cllr has just begun.
    This M.P. business is in my opinion a sham.
    Like many of the elected members of WCBC he is worried about his job and salary. If Leighton Andrews eventually tells us how many Councillors he is going to cull, the real fight will begin. We are hearing cutting 33%, possibly 66%. As a man who freely admits he has made being a councillor his job??? Worried man.
    As Spitting Image once asked their puppet of Neil Kinnock.
    “How do react to the accusation that this is blatant electioneering?”
    The response “Vote for me”!
    I really hope my cynicism is misplaced. Yeah.

CarolThomas
    Participant

It is hard to see how an Independent can make any real impression as an MP. The whole system requires engagements 100’s of committees and scrutinising sessions– without a sharing of roles this would seem impossible for an individual. Would be interested to know how Clr Wynn sees the role of an Independent in Westminster.

zinger
    Participant

One thing that I admire about some, not all, Councillors, independent MP’s (not the career politicians who have never lived in the real world) & groups like the Splash Magic Trust is that at least they stand up to be counted.
    They are not ‘whinge buckets’ sitting on their bottoms complaining that this & that is wrong with our town but not trying to do a thing about it. They may fail miserably but on their tombstone they can have an epitaph saying ‘I tried.’

Chris
    Participant

I’m guessing if you are truly independent then every vote is a free vote. No disaplnery action for not towing the party line. Also with the predicted hung parliament the independents could end up quite powerful

BenjaminM
    Participant

Never had nor will have any time for independents. They are neither fish nor fowl. Closet mainstream party individuals who are too scared to nail their true colours to the mast. A vote for an independent is a vote wasted…. At all levels of government. WCBC is a prime example.

MJN
    Participant

That seems a bit extreme. Some indepentants stand up for local issues or to campaign against a sitting MP who is mired in corruption. They have principles. I will agree that there have benn some independants whose independant status has been because their previous party was not right/left wing enough but we can’t bunch all independants under one umbrella.

Also, the only vote wasted is the one not cast.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News