WCBC Wasting Money

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC Wasting Money

• Author

michellecook
    Participant

@wrexview 11713 wrote:

Is that because it is all going to the Council?

The cynical part of me thinks this may be the case.

Even taking into consideration that prices have risen so expect it to cost more it does seem a bit too much. Roughly £8 per week more on average.

Chris
    Participant

I think to have seen a benefit you would normally have to be in during the daytime. You should target washing and drying, charging batteries etc during sunlught hours.

ben10
    Participant

@michellecook 11710 wrote:

My house was never assessed :confused: Didn’t even give a start date for work, came home one day to find scaffolding being erected.

To answer one of the earlier questions, no I am not saving whatever absurd amount the council claimed. Infact, I am putting more in :mad:

I don’t know why because every installation was accompanied with a file which had all the details of each property, the file I have is dated 2009, they are detailed and also include an asbestos report as well as pictures of the property, were you the tenant in 2009, if not that’s why you would not have seen them surveying your house

michellecook
    Participant

@ben10 11723 wrote:

I don’t know why because every installation was accompanied with a file which had all the details of each property, the file I have is dated 2009, they are detailed and also include an asbestos report as well as pictures of the property, were you the tenant in 2009, if not that’s why you would not have seen them surveying your house

I’ve been here since 2000 and never had an asbestos check or any kind of survey. We are currently on the list for the new kitchen and bathrooms, they were supposed to come out and do the survey for that in December but we are still waiting.

ben10
    Participant

@Chris 11502 wrote:

How much is it costing to re roof WCBC housing stock and REINSTALL solar panels.

After the council spent all that money last year installing solar panels they are now going round reroofing them.

A a private home owner I investigated the benefits on installing these panels and one the cost criteria was the condition of the roof, because of course if your roof was not sound it would be pointless to go ahead with the install without doing the repair first. I guess if it not your own money its not so important.

i briefly worked for the company installing the panels, and i can tell you some of the roofs were shot, one house in cia park we did had rotten felt and that many holes in it i dont know how it did not leak, yet they still installed them, plus they would have know the condition of each property as we had a report on each install, dated 2009. But there is another potential bomb shell, all of the inverters were installed in the lofts, and some of them were full of coal dust and this dust was getting blown around, these inverters all had dust filters in which need cleaning, do you ever think those filters will get replaced, cleaned or even checked, this could lead to premature failure of the inverter, which cost about £400 each so dont be surprised when this problem raises its head.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The things coming to light about these solar panels is a real disgrace- I wonder what the Wales Audit Office would do if this information was shared with them as they are responsible for all Public Sector spending. I wonder if any of the Councilors who read this blog are prepared to raise the issues– by keeping quite they are as guilty as the officers who signed off the work.
    Let’s see which one of our Councilors is brave enough to ask a question–

michellecook
    Participant

My house wasn’t part of the original installation, we were an afterthought I think. Just noticed on box in kitchen it says installation date 2012, date of next inspection due 2022 :eek:

Adam
    Participant

@ben10 11727 wrote:

i briefly worked for the company installing the panels, and i can tell you some of the roofs were shot, one house in cia park we did had rotten felt and that many holes in it i dont know how it did not leak, yet they still installed them, plus they would have know the condition of each property as we had a report on each install, dated 2009. But there is another potential bomb shell, all of the inverters were installed in the lofts, and some of them were full of coal dust and this dust was getting blown around, these inverters all had dust filters in which need cleaning, do you ever think those filters will get replaced, cleaned or even checked, this could lead to premature failure of the inverter, which cost about £400 each so dont be surprised when this problem raises its head.

I’d like to know where you find inverters for £400. If they somehow did manage to find them some bargain bucket ones then somebody in the chain is making a tidy markup…

The primary failure of these is when the cooling fails so if you’re right and these are covered in dust from day 1, with no cleaning schedule, then the outcome is pretty inevitable..

Adam
    Participant

@99DylanJones 11728 wrote:

I wonder if any of the Councilors who read this blog are prepared to raise the issues– by keeping quite they are as guilty as the officers who signed off the work.
    Let’s see which one of our Councilors is brave enough to ask a question–

Of course they won’t.. they’re still too busy hi-fiving each other over having the largest social housing solar scheme in the UK…

wid9999
    Participant

Hi – apologies for being slightly off topic.. but it is related
    Can anyone tell me why council houses typically have an odd number of solar panels? Seven I think.
    Is it weight related? I don’t think its power related as each house can have up to 16 for 4Kw I believe.
    Just looks odd from an aesthetic point of view but I am sure there is a logical reason.
    Thanks

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News