Village Antiques Building in Gresford

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Village Antiques Building in Gresford

• Author

MGDriver
    Participant

To my suprise the old Village Antiques shop in Gresford was knocked down on Sunday, I thought there was a plan to turn it into a house or flats.
    I’ve looked on the Wrexham Planning website but cannot find any information as to the future of the site.
    It struck me as slightly ‘fishy’ that the work was carried out at the weekend, the roof has been off it for a while, and it had gone to look very run down, were the owners just waiting for it to ‘fall down’ so they could get quick approval for their future plans?

Metalhead
    Participant

The owner does have planning permission to rebuild it as a bistro with a couple of flats on top, it was passed earlier this year.

Case P/2012/0350

MGDriver
    Participant

Thanks for that. All the other planning applications for that property used a High Street address, this latest application has changed the address to No.7 Chester Road, so I couldn’t find it.

Metalhead
    Participant

No problem, I only knew this because I know the owner. He has had a very long battle to get this passed and he did have at least one previous application refused.

NJones
    Participant

Maybe the change of address made the application go through easier. I know one business made enquiries about the property a few years back and was told that approval for car parking at the rear would not be allowed because of the narrow high street access and amount of traffic.

Andrew Bailey
    Participant

I was away for a few days from Sunday 23rd -Friday 28 th and returned to a pleasing new vista at the High Street/Chester Road junction.The postal address for this (ex) building has been 7 Chester Road ,Gresford since I have known it.
    Planning permission was passed on February15th ,following a site visit, for demolition followed by construction of a 3storey wine bar-basement- bar- and flats. It is intended to use reclaimed or similar material.
    Hope that helps to clarify,
    Co Andrew Bailey-Gresford

Andrew Bailey
    Participant

Nice to be described as “junior” when I’m about to become a Grandad!

Metalhead
    Participant

Hi Andrew and a very warm welcome to the forums, perhaps when you have chance you wouldn’t mind reading this thread and giving us your feedback on some of the ideas raised there? Be really interested to hear your opinions on them, thanks.

https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/743-councillors-forum-panel.html

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News