Super Prison Name

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Super Prison Name

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

I was under the impression that the site of the new prison was in the ownership of Wrexham County Borough Council but it looks like it belonged to the Welsh Assembly and they have just transferred ownership in June to the Ministry of Justice for nothing!

oldboy744
    Participant

@wrexview 14564 wrote:

I was under the impression that the site of the new prison was in the ownership of Wrexham County Borough Council but it looks like it belonged to the Welsh Assembly and they have just transferred ownership in June to the Ministry of Justice for nothing!

Maybe this remarkable act of generosity should be reflected in the prison name. Freeland Prison perhaps! (‘Free…Prison’….they’ll never go for it) ;)

zinger
    Participant

The Welsh Assembly aren’t usually renowned for giving much to the north of Wales. Why would they want us to have this big beautiful new development?

wrexview
    Participant

How did the Welsh Assembly get to own this valuable piece of land ?

99DylanJones
    Participant

I wonder if WG took ownership of the site as part of a repayment deal for the various grants that had been given to Firestone to establish in Wrexham when they left!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham