School Transport Chaos

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum School Transport Chaos

• Author

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

They don’t have any consideration, at all. I can say that hand on heart. I’m not surprised there has been no apology either, as I never received one either on the numerous occasions they messed up.

beedar
    Participant

They can’t even get the basics right can they

Sue McGrane
    Participant

UPDATE !

I finally managed to get through to Edward Reid at the council. Bus passes are to be issued, but until then, children at Morgan Llwyd WILL be allowed to travel as normal on the buses, starting from this afternoon – Thank goodness for that – and thank you Wrexham.com, as I have no doubt that your coverage of this helped a lot :)

DR
    Participant

We have since spoken to Ysgol Morgan Llwyd who said they had only been informed of the new policy this morning. We have updated the article with more info on how to apply for a bus pass as well as a further comment from Wrexham Council.

Children Left Stranded After Bus Pass Confusion | Wrexham.com

MP1953
    Participant

Once again dear, oh dear, oh dear .. !!

Can Wrexham not get anything right :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

harry
    Participant

Given the massive volume of cars in the area taking kids to school in the morning Im surprised any of them actually get the bus!

cmaj76
    Participant

In any other industry, this level of incompetence would be dealt with by sacking or disciplinary proceedings at the very least. The person responsible for this debacle should also be sacked.

johnhoppy
    Participant

As an ex school bus driver I am appalled by the instruction given to the bus companies regarding Bus Passes. If a bus driver left children at the side of the road as a result of his/her decision there would be (rightly) an unholy row, and the distinct possibility that the driver would not be driving school buses again. Yet the council are instructing the bus companies to do just this, with the threat of the cancellation of the contract if their commands are not carried out. In all the years I was driving buses I have never known all pupils to have bus passes from day one, and it was always customary to allow a few weeks lee way for bus passes to be issued to every pupil entitled to one. Whoever issued that instruction should not be in a position involving children ever again, as they do not care about their safety or welfare one little bit.

Sue McGrane
    Participant

@johnhoppy 14859 wrote:

As an ex school bus driver I am appalled by the instruction given to the bus companies regarding Bus Passes. If a bus driver left children at the side of the road as a result of his/her decision there would be (rightly) an unholy row, and the distinct possibility that the driver would not be driving school buses again. Yet the council are instructing the bus companies to do just this, with the threat of the cancellation of the contract if their commands are not carried out. In all the years I was driving buses I have never known all pupils to have bus passes from day one, and it was always customary to allow a few weeks lee way for bus passes to be issued to every pupil entitled to one. Whoever issued that instruction should not be in a position involving children ever again, as they do not care about their safety or welfare one little bit.

Here, here – I am so disgusted that Wrexham Council actually clearly instructed companies NOT to pick up kids on pain of losing their contract – no excuse, the most dull witted would instantly understand that instruction would mean that children would be left roadside. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and I agree with cmaj76 that the person responsible for issuing that instruction to the companies should be sacked.

A Nuisance
    Participant

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News