Post house Roadworks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Post house Roadworks

• Author

BorrasBill
    Participant

@Darlofan 14601 wrote:

The closure of the east roundabout bridge was signed in advance with a good diversion in place.

This is totally untrue, it was not signed in advance (except actually on the roundabout, not much use to visitors/tourists), and where was the good diversion?

Darlofan
    Participant

They say signage was in place with adequate diversions. Now I might have this wrong but I saw no advance warning signs in the weeks leading up to it although there have been that many signs on 483 from our jct3 to chester recently that I may have missed them. However I can quite clearly and definitely say on that day I came back from Deeside direction there was no advance warning get signs by broughton/penyfordd junctions.

Rondetto
    Participant

@beedar 14603 wrote:

Would it not have been simpler to have built a connection road directly to the M53 so anyone heading towards Liverpool or Manchester wouldn’t have to go anywhere near the Posthouse Roundabout. I predict absolute chaos if the mini roundabout at the end of the 483 is replaced by traffic lights.

I was one of the cars stuck last weekend on the A483 for almost 3 hours taking family to Manchester airport. Of course they missed their flight. Can you imagine trying to claim on insurance saying there was a traffic jam on the way to the airport?
    Yes, there should be adequate signage on each and every entry onto the A483 with diversions to Liverpool and Manchester, but I guess them in high paid jobs wont give that a single thought.

Darlofan
    Participant

@Rondetto 14614 wrote:

I was one of the cars stuck last weekend on the A483 for almost 3 hours taking family to Manchester airport. Of course they missed their flight. Can you imagine trying to claim on insurance saying there was a traffic jam on the way to the airport?
    Yes, there should be adequate signage on each and every entry onto the A483 with diversions to Liverpool and Manchester, but I guess them in high paid jobs wont give that a single thought.

Well according to the reply I had signage was adequate. Still yet to find anyone that saw a sign or a diversion.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News