Post house Roadworks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Post house Roadworks

• Author

harry
    Participant

isn’t the annual feb-march bridge works due on he 483 due too in 2015? ( rossett junc this time i believe!)

DaveW
    Participant

@harry 14486 wrote:

can you begin to imagine what it would be like if they did these road works during the week, just looking at the utter chaos today it wouldnt surprise me if the traffic was queued to oswestry if they did! Why on earth cant they just put a slip from the 483 to the A55 west, that would relieve loads of traffic, the current plan WONT work!

I went to Rhyl today it was only a last minute change of plan (before i knew about the road works) that i had to go to cowen so ended up with the ruthin – denbigh – st asaph route (which imo is quicker than going down the 55 from the post house on a normal day!!)

##

Two slip roads have been needed (to A55 west and also to A55 east) ever since the roundabout was first established, probably some 20-25 years ago !!!

As a regular daily commuter from Wrexham to the M53/M56 the two useless roundabouts on the A483 to A55 add at least half an hour to any daily journey to work from around 7:45am to 9:15 am.

Wrexham MP Ian Lucas is already closely watching for these new plans to see if :
    1. They will actually help commuters from Wrexham area
    OR
    2. They will simply benefit commuter/shoppers going to Chester from other areas of Cheshire and North Wales and add further misery to Wrexham commuters.

I am extremely sceptical that they will alleviate the daily issues of anyone travelling north on the A483 from Wrexham and beyond who want to access the A55.

Perhaps we Wrexhamites need to raise our voices a bit louder so that they can be heard in Cheshire. Come on Mr Lucas, Mr Vaughan and Wrexham Council get behind your Wrexham citizens for once please.

A very long time cheesed off commuter :(:(:(

Rob
    Participant

@beedar 14489 wrote:

The main roadworks are due to begin in September and scheduled to run till March and that will be EVERY DAY. Bet we can’t wait.

First Look At A483 / A55 Junction Changes | Wrexham.com Thats the break down of the plans if anyone is interested.

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

For once the local councils of Wrexham and Chester are not to blame (well not entirely)
    The blame IMHO can be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of the Highways Agency.
    What baffles me is why when approaching the PH roundabout on the A483 and there is no traffic coming from the right are the traffics lights still operational; likewise coming off the A55 westbound for the A483 towards Wrexham. Without those lights the traffic would flow much more freely.
    According to the contractors, nobody had thought about turning them off or putting a bag over them!
    Now it seems to me that these ‘experts’ at the HA on grand salaries of £50k – £60k may be very clever at what they do; but they have a total lack of common sense.

johnhoppy
    Participant

They may have a total lack of common sense, but I suspect the answer is much simpler. They just don’t care.

wid9999
    Participant

I said it to Wrexham.com on twitter two weeks ago, you would have thought such a major incident would have been followed up as an interesting news article by them with forthcoming impact.
    We get a weekly update on tiny roadworks but nothing on this?
    It must create massive internet traffic (publicity) for Wrexham.com so I’m bemused why its not being followed up and used as a vehicle to inform people as well as getting more and more followers.
    Of course the failing is by the councils involved, but wrexham.com strive to inform us… Just not on the article which affects most people at once?!
    As a side note, i travel to merseyside each day and the Runcorn bridge has electronic signs warning weeks in advance of any roadworks…. Chester need to take note!
    We should be seeing roadside information on the work due to begin in September by now.

wrexview
    Participant

Still tonight approaching Posthouse Roundabout from Chester , roundabout completely closed and one sign saying diversion, sending people down to Sainsbury’s junction. No other signage anywhere. Feel sorry for those who don’t know the local area , goodness knows where they have ended up!

Darlofan
    Participant

@miserableoldbugger 14503 wrote:

For once the local councils of Wrexham and Chester are not to blame (well not entirely)
    The blame IMHO can be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of the Highways Agency.
    What baffles me is why when approaching the PH roundabout on the A483 and there is no traffic coming from the right are the traffics lights still operational; likewise coming off the A55 westbound for the A483 towards Wrexham. Without those lights the traffic would flow much more freely.
    According to the contractors, nobody had thought about turning them off or putting a bag over them!
    Now it seems to me that these ‘experts’ at the HA on grand salaries of £50k – £60k may be very clever at what they do; but they have a total lack of common sense.

Excellent point about the lights not needed while it is closed. I’ve been saying for years the lights should be part time anyway. Many a night I’ve sat at 2 red lights on that roundabout with not another car in sight. There are plenty of detector loops in all the roads to the roundabout so why they can’t use them to determine when traffic is heavy enough to warrant the lights coming on god only knows.

BorrasBill
    Participant

@miserableoldbugger 14503 wrote:

It is the Highways Agency, I have e-mailed their complaints department:-
    [email protected]

I suggest everyone else does that, let them know what we think.

Darlofan
    Participant

@BorrasBill 14512 wrote:

It is the Highways Agency, I have e-mailed their complaints department:-
    [email protected]

I suggest everyone else does that, let them know what we think.

I’ve just E mailed a complaint in, I look forward to their reply!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News