Impressions of Wrexham from a first time visitor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Impressions of Wrexham from a first time visitor

• Author

wxm
    Participant

Great post. Suggests that if Wrexham stays true to its values and where it has come from, it has a great future!

We need to champion the resources we have eg markets, and we need to support peoples ambitions with skills and job opportunities.

zinger
    Participant

I moved to Wrexham brmmm, brmmm lets just say, many years ago & I’m still here. My first impressions were the friendliness of the people compared to where I came from although on occasion I do still get a little homesick. I love North Wales, tried to learn the language (not very successfully) & consider that I am as Welsh as the next person even though I’m not. My children are passionately Welsh. I support Welsh against English in every way.

Rondetto
    Participant

Same here Zinger, when abroad I’m very proud to say I’m from Wales. I think we are taken as English when abroad because we speak English, I always point out that we are from Wales and not England.

de ddwyrain
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 8850 wrote:

I must say i’m very impressed how many names of roads you mentioned as well as independent shops.

largely down to a combination of wrexham.com and google street view… had no problems finding my way about!

de ddwyrain
    Participant

@zinger 8859 wrote:

I moved to Wrexham brmmm, brmmm lets just say, many years ago & I’m still here. My first impressions were the friendliness of the people compared to where I came from although on occasion I do still get a little homesick. I love North Wales, tried to learn the language (not very successfully) & consider that I am as Welsh as the next person even though I’m not. My children are passionately Welsh. I support Welsh against English in every way.

For the time being all I can do is admire my wrexham lager mug as it sits on my desk in a foreign country.

willis
    Participant

As a first time visitor it really surprises me how much you know about the town as it seems your post could of been written by our council as if I was visiting a place for the first time and spending two days there I know I wouldn’t remember the streets and what plans were in place for parts of the town. you know more about the town than people who have lived here all their lives and after only two days.

de ddwyrain
    Participant

Thanks. I did quite a lot of research before arriving (chiefly on this site and google maps).

The place has captured my imagination, so doing the research was effortless. The passion shown in the discussions on this forum about the future of the town make me want to get involved in this project too. I just have to think about how to achieve it.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@de ddwyrain 8887 wrote:

Thanks. I did quite a lot of research before arriving (chiefly on this site and google maps).

The place has captured my imagination, so doing the research was effortless. The passion shown in the discussions on this forum about the future of the town make me want to get involved in this project too. I just have to think about how to achieve it.

Where are you based now? I am female and very inquisitive, or nosey ! :D

de ddwyrain
    Participant

Brussels…

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@de ddwyrain 8894 wrote:

Brussels…

Where? and what do you do there?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News