Good Luck to Wrexfest!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Good Luck to Wrexfest!

• Author

emzcakes
    Participant

I just wanted to say that Beth and the other organisers did a fantastic job, and its almost unbelievable that it was all arranged in such a short space of time. I have not seen Wrexham town centre so busy in a very long time, and it was lovely to see people talking to each other and enjoying them selves. There was a real sense of community spirit and we had a lovely day.

I think its fantastic and about time we had an big event that helps promote the small local businesses and home based businesses and local talent such as all the bands and artists that performed through out the day. We have so many empty shops in Wrexham, and events like this help all the small businesses that are based from home get seen within the community. I believe a lot of these businesses have the potential to open their own shop and fill one of the empty spaces within our town. With the right help and support from events like these and the local authorities. Or even by joining forces with a few of these small businesses to open a shop together, splitting the cost between them.

I had a stall myself on the day and all the comments I heard from people were all positive. The main point I think the event proved is that something like this should be done on a regular basis, and that the town is lacking in ‘hands on’ things to do, especially for children. For me the event was a great opportunity to get my business out there and seeing lots of my already existing customers popping over to say hello was lovely.

I just wanted to touch on a previous post regarding there being nothing to do for children. From what I could see on the day there was lots to do for children. Giggles and Games who were in the centre of the field were busy all day with children playing with their giant games. I was also doing children’s cupcake decorating and was that busy I had to go away and make more to keep up with the demand! Also the free stall had lots of things that children could use, I saw a man who took the huge bubble wand from the free stall. He was surrounded by children who were all chasing after the bubbles around the field! There were acts performing all day including Dancing Shoes who put on a great show, plus the live music all day, to sit and enjoy. I agree it was a real shame that Beth was let down by the bouncy castle businesses. But compared to what we normally have going on in Wrexham on a Saturday it was fantastic!

From what Beth and her team achieved in such a short space of time, I can only begin to imagine how awesome the next Wrexfest will be! As they will be able to take on board everyone’s comments and what the people of Wrexham want to see at their next Wrexfest. You can count us in for the next event :)

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Job done. Well done to the organisers and those who joined in, especially in the short space of time.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new beginning for wrexham town centre.

Was any market research done on the day? Demographics, etc. It may help to develop this initiative further.

Hope to be a part of this next year.

bethster
    Participant

Anyone who wants to get involved with us, please drop me a message on [email protected] – thanks for the support yesterday and thanks in advance for your continued support. Beth x

Adam
    Participant

Perhaps there is something I’m missing but why is there not a permanent kids play area in the centre e.g. Llwyn Isaf? The recent addition at Alyn Waters is a brilliant design and attracts families from a wide area so why not build the same, if not better at Llwyn Isaf while perhaps encouraging street food and craft stalls to attend on weekends to encourage, and feed off, increased footfall..?

As a sidenote, if I was King of Wrexham I’d pave the whole of Llwyn Isaf and make it a much more usable space for all year round. With a stonking great fountain in the middle, some raised borders, keep as many of the trees as reasonably practical and plenty of benches.. Make it, and the guildhall, the hub of the town as a contintental town would..

If I have another glass of Rioja I might even sketch it and upload.. ;) :)

zinger
    Participant

They did the paving on Queens Square. We need every bit of green space & trees that we have or else children of Wrexham won’t know what grass is. The benches on Llwyn Isaf are always full which shows that people like some tranquillity in their hectic lives. The Parciau is easily accessible from town. Just walk through Island Green & across the road. I would be quite happy to have a beautiful fountain there however as we do need a big water feature.

Adam
    Participant

Yeah I agree with your sentiment but green spaces doesn’t have to equal grass. Great for the handful of days we have decent weather but not for the rest..
    It wouldn’t have to be bland paving though.. schools/colleges/community groups could get involved in designing different mosaic areas to create a feeling of ownership..

Anyhow, just a passing thought..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News