Good Luck to Wrexfest!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Good Luck to Wrexfest!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

What a refreshing change to hear of someone having a brilliant idea and then bringing it to fruition within a couple of months. That sort of ” can do” attitude is exactly what Wrexham needs!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

All sounds good, should be a great day…

wrexview
    Participant

Plenty to listen to and look at the Wrexfest, stalls on Llwyn Isaf and Queen’s Square. Lots of different foods on offer from Pupcakes for your dog through to locally produced cakes, bread and of course our own Wrexham Lager. Things for children too, Techniquest have a few hands on experiments and New to You have a whole stall of things for Free!

Steve
    Participant

Sadly looking at my facebook page, my wife had a different view of the event (just to add she, my daughter, relatives and friends had a great ‘beach’ day in Wrexham recently)

“Well we went to the Wrexham festival and it was c##p! Stalls weren’t very good and nothing for the kiddies to do! Not very good at all!!!”

wrexview
    Participant

I am sure the organisers will be disappointed your family did not have a good time but the photos seem to show many people did.

wxm
    Participant

For someone to have the passion to make this happen, and so many Wrexham people wanting to support it, this leadership must be congratulated.

We as a community now have to make good, fulfilling and prosperous things happen each day – just as we need fresh bread, milk and jobs!

Time for others to join this leadership quest . . .

Steve
    Participant

@wrexview 8862 wrote:

I am sure the organisers will be disappointed your family did not have a good time but the photos seem to show many people did.

I posted my wife’s comments then felt guilty sharing the view publicly when I read who was behind the event and I am sure they put lots of effort in.

I think it was more of a case the only thing for children to do was ‘hook a duck’.

I am sure our family will return to the event in the future, and good luck to Beth with future events and ideas.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Steve 8871 wrote:

I posted my wife’s comments then felt guilty sharing the view publicly when I read who was behind the event and I am sure they put lots of effort in.

I think it was more of a case the only thing for children to do was ‘hook a duck’.

I am sure our family will return to the event in the future, and good luck to Beth with future events and ideas.

I don’t think you should feel guilty about that comment Steve, it would seem to be a valid point which perhaps the organisers may want to take on board when planning any future events? Most of the comments I have read seem to have been very positive and it would seem the event was well supported by the people of Wrexham. All involved should be commended.

bethster
    Participant

Steve – totally valid point – there was supposed to be more, but both our bouncy castle companies let us down by not turning up, which was really gutting to be honest – also a couple of stalls didn’t show up, but that is the way it goes I suppose. I am sorry your wife and children didn’t enjoy it as much as they could have done and appreciate your comments. This was just the starting point really – we want to do it again next year and hopefully by then will have some sort of funding and also will have more time to book reliable people, as this was all put together in 5 weeks with no money. I would be really grateful if you could pass on my apologies to your family and hope that you will have a better time next year. Thanks – Beth, Change Wrexham For Our Future x

bethster
    Participant

@Steve 8871 wrote:

Steve – totally valid point – there was supposed to be more, but both our bouncy castle companies let us down by not turning up, which was really gutting to be honest – also a couple of stalls didn’t show up, but that is the way it goes I suppose. I am sorry your wife and children didn’t enjoy it as much as they could have done and appreciate your comments. This was just the starting point really – we want to do it again next year and hopefully by then will have some sort of funding and also will have more time to book reliable people, as this was all put together in 5 weeks with no money. I would be really grateful if you could pass on my apologies to your family and hope that you will have a better time next year. Thanks – Beth, Change Wrexham For Our Future x

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News