Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Can you get just fibre optic broadband without the TV packages and telephone ?

NeilT
    Participant

Just noticed the BT Infinity date for me (Wrexham Main exchange) has now been put back again to March 31 :( – it’s been Dec31 for ages.
    Superfast Broadband – Get Fibre Optic Broadband with BT Infinity

All the other checkers still show 31st Dec though. Anyone know which is correct?

@wrecsam_lad
    – yep I’m sure you can just get the fibre broadband. You don’t have to get it through BT.

rjgw
    Participant

I emailed Openreach to find out the reason for the change of RFS date. Had the following reply:

Thank you for your email

Information about the commercial fibre project can be found on the rollout site :-
    Openreach – Superfast fibre broadband – Where and when

In your locality work is ongoing and at present the estimated date for Wrexham cabinet 2 enablement is close February 2013 assuming there are no major issues. Your Communications Provider (CP) is responsible for all aspects of your service including advising on the services they can supply at your address. Please contact your CP to register your interest so they are aware and can contact you at such time in the future as they have additional information.

Many thanks
    Peter Dean

I think unless you’ve been enabled already (some cabs on the Wrexham exchange have been enabled), you’re probably looking at February before you can order, and March before it’s installed.

NeilT
    Participant

@rjgw 2831 wrote:

I emailed Openreach to find out the reason for the change of RFS date. Had the following reply:

I think unless you’ve been enabled already (some cabs on the Wrexham exchange have been enabled), you’re probably looking at February before you can order, and March before it’s installed.

Thanks for that rjgw. Think you’re right seems to be just specific areas/cabinets, my parents are on same exchange and they can order now.

Andy
    Participant

Just checked my exchange, Rhosllanerchrugog, and there are no plans for fast broadband for the next 2 years or more. :(

Chris
    Participant

Should these improvements increase the standard broadband speed

Andy
    Participant

Yes Chris. Full speed Fibre is 160Mbps download.

Born Acorn
    Participant

You will need to order a fibre product though; you will not see any improvements on a normal broadband product.

Elysiumxv
    Participant

Received a email from talk talk on Christmas Day advising that super fast fibre broadband was now available in my area ( holt road, near greyhound pub / hand pub ).

I had registered my interest back in October and they advised they would let me know when available

Phoned talk talk on the 26th December only to be told ” No” it’s not quite ready Doh

All talk talk advised was it is imminent

Had Anyone in my area been enabled ?

Cheers

barryjarvis
    Participant

Unbelievably annoying. Like a lot of people I’ve been monitoring this.
    Spotted the open reach vans around the street doing the work last month and started getting excited!

I don’t know of anyone that is able to order on the Wrexham (Grosvenor road) exchange yet despite the Openreach checker saying its accepting orders (Openreach – Superfast fibre broadband – Where and when).

Anyone in the area that had fibre will be on the Wrexham North exchange which serves brymbo, gresford, gwersyllt, that side of Wrexham.
    That’s been available for a while now.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News