Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fast Broadband in Wrexham ???

• Author

michellecook
    Participant

@Sam 3013 wrote:

The greater speed is surely for multiple users in the household. Most phones, a couple of laptops, on demand tv……….

Exactly, try sharing a 1.5 mb connection with a 17 yr old who needs to do his A level homework, a 12 yr old who has his High School homework and a 10yr old who wants to play Panfu or Bin Weevils or whatever the latest kiddie craze. All 3 are on varies degrees of autistic spectrum, patience is not one of their strong points.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Remember most technology is already built with 100mbps or 1Gbps in mind already – internal corporate networks have ran on these speeds for years, and always with the cheapest computers on each end!

I’m pleased with the fibre overall, here’s what I get up in Coedpoeth!

2427002444.png

abidwd
    Participant

This is the original statement from BT
    BT Press Releases

We did not get CONFUSED, the statement was FALSE.

at the end of the above statement, a note was added (not sure when) ,and not sure why it was not included within the statement in the first place, as it basically means that some areas in Wrexham will not benefit from this service soon.

read this note, and decide whether we are as customers got confused or BT is missing with us..because the (some areas) turned to be (nearly all of the Wrexham area)

“Due to the current network topography, and the economics of deployment, it is likely that some premises within selected exchange areas will not initially be able to access fibre-based broadband. Openreach is considering alternative solutions for these locations.”

braxs
    Participant

Openreach – Superfast fibre broadband – Where and when

Just in case you wanted to see a big wasteland of Not currently in roll out plan unless you are with Southsea, Gresford, or Wrexham exchanges….

michellecook
    Participant

Had mine installed Thursday afternoon. Just done speedtest

2430911137.png

Much better than the 1.5mb I was getting on normal Broadband.

Elysiumxv
    Participant

Talk Talk is accepting super fast broadband orders for the holt road side of Wrexham. However they estimate a connection speed of just 26mb ? . I am currently on 7mb on standard talk talk broadband. Suppose I am getting greedy when they offer up to 76mb. Although I understand it depends on distance from the exchange you are connected too and also household factors

They are installing on 1st February so will keep everyone posted on the actual speed when installed. I know normal broadband used to take 10 days to settle to optimum speed , not sure if fibre broadband needs a settling period also ?

Can’t wait !!

Elysiumxv
    Participant

Talk Talk fibre broadband installed 1st Feb
    I Live on holt road near the Phs plumbing centre. BT engineer advised my connection is to one of two BT exchanges on the Cefn road. Luckily I was connected to the nearest cabinet and so less distance and got the best connection I could have got.

BT engineer fitted a new master socket nte5 and also a open reach echo lite hg612 fibre router and the talk talk Huawei hg533 wifi router.

Getting a 50mb download and 10mb upload connection after a previous 5mb connection ….WOW. However my connection is a little unstable at the moment and intermittently disconnects. I have report this to talk talk and see what they advise over the next few weeks.

If anyone in my area is also having problems regards disconnections please let me know. I realise this is a recently upgraded exchange so may be early adoption errors.

michellecook
    Participant

I’ve had mine installed a little under a month. I’m supposed to get around 34 but have had speeds upto 40. I’ve had no disconnections though. I’m with EE.

fatlark
    Participant

I live in Wrexham south and until recently used a dongle which sometimes gave me 3mgs. I rang B.T. and they promised me at least 4mgs as they said they had upgraded their equipment, after numerous phone calls and two engineers visiting I now have half a megabyte ( when it decides to work at all ) and a £100 bill for the engineers visit!. I spend most of my time on the computer watching it buffering. to have 4mgs would be bliss. if B.T. had told the truth I wouldn’t be in this ridiculous situation.

Elysiumxv
    Participant

I have reported the problem to Talk Talk who have looked remotely at my connection and can not spot any errors as yet. I have just reported again a disconnection last night. So will wait to see what they say in reply. I am very pleased with the 50meg download speed, just need to make it stable now and then happy days !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News