Exec Board Webcast

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Exec Board Webcast

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Let me clear this up for you, there is no moral compass.
    There are, however, many and varied, VESTED INTERESTS.

Ferret
    Participant

Is there a new rule that each post has to end in CAPITAL LETTERS?

Rob
    Participant

I THINK every post should have an early word capitalised, as apparently that draws peoples attention to writing. Or so it seems in print!

Chris
    Participant

I MIGHT not always agree with Clr Wynn’s policies but I truly believe that he does act in what he believes is the best interests of firstly his ward and secondly Wrexham.

PhilWynn
    Participant

@jimbow 18693 wrote:

Cllr. Wynn, I do not understand your agenda. You are an independent councillor, there are 6 independent seats on the executive board. They can out vote any issue under discussion, yet here we have you going against what has been decided by your independent party. Is this democratic?.

Jim – my agenda is quite simple, it is about doing what is best for the people of Wrexham and the reputation of our County.

For me, until proven otherwise, I will be advocating that our officers and Lead Member look more closely at providing a Wrexham Trust option rather than a South Walian one.

A Wrexham Trust could be expanded to include an alternative to an employee led Heritage Trust to even running our own Leisure facilities, rather than having them run by an existing Leisure Trust.

We all need to up our vision and ambition for Wrexham and my stance on setting up a Wrexham Together Trust is a start for me.

The Lead Member has indicated his willingness to keep an open mind so my proposals surely are worthy of a discussion.

Cllr Phil Wynn

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Correction Dylan .It was ten ex Labour defectors, renegades- pick your own words. Increasingly on issues there are dangers that lead members ,who I am sure work hard are in danger of losing a majority of the views held by others if my discussion with members of other groups on the library trust idea is anything to go by.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I bet when they left the Labour party they never thought the new Independent Leader Mark Pritchard would turn out to be a political pygmy who has made Wrexham Council look like a spoilt child having a tantrum.

jimbow
    Participant

Phil- Thanks for your reply. Maybe you can explain my understanding of the system if it is not correct. The libraries have to save money. An idea is put forward to possibly transfer to a trust to save 75k.
    These ideas are then discussed at workshop/scrutiny level. A best way forward is agreed and a report taken to the Exec Board. I would then have thought that you and your fellow councillors had been given every opportunity to express your views as to either a Wrexham Trust or a South Wales Trust.
    Cllr Hugh Jones in his report gave you an assurance that either option would be costed and brought before the Exec Board before any further actions were taken.
    Why was there a need for you to take your point any further to the Exec Board. Were you trying to undermine the system?
    In a previous post you mentioned your hope that the 7 lead members had finally woken up to the fact that there are 45 other councillors.
    Your leader of the independant group is also the leader of the council,if it is fact that you believe you are not being listened to,you and your fellow 44 councillors have it in your own hands to make changes.

jimbow
    Participant

@Andrewmackembailey 18760 Increasingly on issues there are dangers that lead members ,who I am sure work hard are in danger of losing a majority of the views held by others if my discussion with members of other groups on the library trust idea is anything to go by.[/QUOTE wrote:

If the MAJORITY of views are against the views of the lead member, then so be it. Proposals by lead members will be defeated. What you have to take into account is, there are certain elected political parties that abstain from voting. These parties do not have an alternative suggestion, and just waste the vote.

JaneJ
    Participant

One of the problems is the process of Scrutiny is being used less and less and reports are going straight to Executive Board. The report is ‘prepared’ for the Lead Member by an officer who is given very clear guidance about what to include and what the desired outcomes are.
    Quickly looking over the last few Executive meeting reports more than 50% went straight to the Executive Board and non Executive Councilors had no opportunity to comment. It is impossible for a Lead Member report to be rejected as they are all endorsed by their ‘Group’ prior to being presented and and 7 out of the 10 Executive Members belong to the Independent Group.
    This is the reason why Clr Wynn and others are clearly frustrated at this system as they have had no chance to comment/discuss- they are asking questions but they also know that in their heart they are very rarely going to see any reversal of a Lead Members recommendations.
    Unless the non Executive Council Members pull their finger out and get the system changed then there is no justification for the 42 non executive Members — you are signing your own redundancy as the role is now ineffective and serves no purpose.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham