Exec Board Webcast

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Exec Board Webcast

• Author

DR
    Participant

We have been told that the webcast system is working and that this afternoon’s meeting will be broadcast as usual from 2pm.

Transfer of Community Centres has also been added to today’s agenda, so quite a lot of items up for discussion!

Webcast link: Executive Board – Tue, 10th Feb 2015 – 2:00 pm – Wrexham Council Webcasts

wrexview
    Participant

Perhaps Councillor Hugh Jones could place in the public domain all the details of the other options he and the Council have considered with regard to placing our Libraries and Resource Centres into a Trust. What was the principal reason for not having a local Wrexham Trust or even a joint North Wales Trust? Have Wrexham Council even consulted with their near neighbours ? The South Wales Trust does not have a proven track record, so how can they be confident that our libraries will be in safe hands?

Rob
    Participant

One odd moment to me was at the start on a discrepancy on the previous meetings minutes.

Rather than agreeing to review the view and take the lead from what has been recorded, an amendment was voted on and passed to adjust based off memory.

It is highly likely still accurate, but with the facility there it did seem odd :D

wrexview
    Participant

When was the last time any decision was changed at an Executive Board Meeting?

JaneJ
    Participant

What is the point of watching thee webcasts as the decision on the reports are known in advance 7:3 on the vote. I winder if any of the Councilors actually view the web cast themselves to see how they have performed.
    They might the stop the smirking and sniggers that reflect an unprofessional image and lack of respect for ‘colleagues’.

jimbow
    Participant

JaneJ, I agree about the smirking and sniggers that go on. How about when an individual councillor seeks legal advice from a law firm in London.I think they call it jockeying for position. It comes across as a disgrace

99DylanJones
    Participant

Yesterday was a typical example of trying to discredit a Council by trying to ridicule Councilor Wynn — I was gad he was quick enough to retaliate to Clr Jones by informing him about the use of telephony.
    The manner of trying to be personal and discredit anyone who dares to ask a question is appalling. There seems to be a style developing by the Leader and certain Executive Board Members of trying to discredit anyone who dare ask a question.

PhilWynn
    Participant

@99DylanJones 18691 wrote:

Yesterday was a typical example of trying to discredit a Council by trying to ridicule Councilor Wynn — I was gad he was quick enough to retaliate to Clr Jones by informing him about the use of telephony.
    The manner of trying to be personal and discredit anyone who dares to ask a question is appalling. There seems to be a style developing by the Leader and certain Executive Board Members of trying to discredit anyone who dare ask a question.

Dylan – Your point is much appreciated.

I for one would hope that our seven lead members have now finally woken up to the fact that there are 45 other councillors at the Guildhall who are also representing the best interests of the folk of the Borough and therefore we ought to be treated with due respect.

Moving forward I shall be spending my time and efforts, along with others, in gathering the evidence to substantiate the wisdom of going the extra mile by way of setting up our own Wrexham Trust, rather than going the even extra miles to Merthyr Tydfil, where-ever that may be.

Cllr Phil Wynn

jimbow
    Participant

Cllr. Wynn, I do not understand your agenda. You are an independent councillor, there are 6 independent seats on the executive board. They can out vote any issue under discussion, yet here we have you going against what has been decided by your independent party. Is this democratic?.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Perhaps the Independent Group is not as united as they would let people think– Clr Wynn making a stance for the unheard Councilors is certainly a start to get some transparency and democracy in the Council. Remember they only have six seats because of the 19 Labor defectors – have they really left all their Labor Party values behind or are they starting to feel uncomfortable about what is happening in Wrexham– perhaps their moral compass has changed direction AGAIN..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News