Dee Valley (brown) Water

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dee Valley (brown) Water

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

So all this brown water is the result of planned activity!! Why have they not alerted householders in advance? It is also a bit late to say people should not use household appliances. By not supplying an honest answer from the start they give the impression they have something to hide. They could be more open and honest by publishing details of where and when they are going to ” flush” next.

Andy
    Participant

Well at least we know now where one of the missing WXM glasses ended up.

Rob
    Participant

We have an update on this in the morning – but have heard reports of larger bits of sediment in water so the dont use ‘household appliances’ might be worthwhile to follow!

Alicia Owen
    Participant

Came home today to find a letter apologising for this but dated 24th July! It warns this may happen again on Thursday. If it was written on 24th shouldn’t that have happened last Thursday?! Am very annoyed we didn’t get warned about this in advance.

JanW
    Participant

Llay area were ‘flushed’ a couple of weeks ago. Letters were sent out informing householders of the work and it was done by the time i came home from work, at least i think it was! I have never heard of flushing before but perhaps Freedom of Information means they now have to inform householders when, in the past, they did not.

Rob
    Participant

Wrexham.com Gets To The Source Of Water Discolouration – Water Theft! | Wrexham.com

The latest this morning, anyone seen or heard of water thefts?

Rk11
    Participant

@Andy 1624 wrote:

Well at least we know now where one of the missing WXM glasses ended up.

That was my photograph which featured on the main page.

Bought the glass from the Wrexham Museum. Pint glass and half-pint glass for £5.

store4sure
    Participant

We have been getting brown water for weeks on the Wrexham Industrial Estate and as far as I am aware they haven’t been doing any flushing. But perhaps we will get a letter next week.

wrexview
    Participant

I was just thinking this water discolouration could be serious for some businesses like restaurants, breweries and food manufacturing companies. I wonder if they keep factories like Kelloggs better informed?

jamesbwxm
    Participant

I work at a microbrewery on the estate and we haven’t had any problems with discoloured water. I’d be fuming if I had.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News