British Gas Homecare. A Warning.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum British Gas Homecare. A Warning.

• Author

Clebryn
    Participant

Just relating my experience with BG. I took out homecare cover for my Boiler in November. I was told that due to Covid it would Mid February before they could check and service my boiler (sold and fitted by BG). I agreed and paid the £160 fee. Last weeekend my boiler developed a fault, I asked for an engineer to help repair it. Yes £99.00 fee because we haven’t done the first service yet. Eventually (after hours on web chat to Mumbai) they have agreed to reimburse me for the cover I did not receive. But I still have a broken boiler no heating or hot water until I find someone local to help me out. I think the worst customer service I have ever received in my 70 years. Avoid.

katy
    Blocked

What do you expect from a company that sacks all its employees and hires them back on a big pay cut?

Captain C
    Participant

In my experience the best there is X-Gas. Great service and very quick.

jimbow
    Participant

You have to be careful with British Gas. Their literature quotes 1 service per year. You could end up with a service 1st January 2022 and the next service 30th December 2023. They are known to extend the time between services to more than a twelve-month period.

Clebryn
    Participant

Just an update. A local company have sorted out my problem. At half what BG wanted and next day. Didn’t push it but had a cover contract at 60% of BG cost without any excess. Refund from BG has not appeared, no real surprise, so have had to contact my bank to stop BG taking more payments off me via DD. I repeat my warning. British Gas is not the company it was a few years ago.

Clebryn
    Participant

Just an update. A local company have sorted out my problem. At half what BG wanted and next day. Didn’t push it but had a cover contract at 60% of BG cost without any excess. Refund from BG has not appeared, no real surprise, so have had to contact my bank to stop BG taking more payments off me via DD. I repeat my warning. British Gas is not the company it was a few years ago.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News