Argos, No catalogues for Wrexham less able

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Argos, No catalogues for Wrexham less able

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Nostalgia won’t put bread and milk on the table Rob and I promise that exactly one year after your large scale distributed, colour print version has remained in business, I’ll show my arse in Argos’s window.

Ferret
    Participant

Remember when analogue TV switch off was going to mean old people wouldn’t be able to watch the telly any more? One of the main problems with a printed catalogue apart from the cost) is that it’s out of date almost immediately. You can’t add or delete listings and prices are fixed for 6 months. It just doesn’t work any more.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=116621]This issue has raised a lot of comments over the past few days, some being sarcastic or critical and others more constructive. However, due to the growing trend of technology being used to run our lives it is assumed that every household in the country has access to the internet. Unfortunately this is not the case. This can be due to the elderly not having the internet or people on low incomes who can only regard the World Wide Web as a luxury. So come on you people out there who have criticised this issue, please have a think about all sides to this story and consider people in all walks of life with differing situations and let us see what transpires.

[/quote]
    All ‘low income families’ I know have internet, tablets, iphone 6’s, 42inch flat screens, sky TV etc..etc…

BorrasBill
    Participant

Since when has Chester Argos been on the business park? There is one on the Greyhound Park, but there is also one in Foregate Stret, the Arriva No 1 stops right outside.

Sheefag
    Participant

Would people pay for a catalogue?

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=116654]Would people pay for a catalogue?

[/quote]
    That is the most ridiculous and controversial comment I have seen on this forum to date She!

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=116650]

This issue has raised a lot of comments over the past few days, some being sarcastic or critical and others more constructive. However, due to the growing trend of technology being used to run our lives it is assumed that every household in the country has access to the internet. Unfortunately this is not the case. This can be due to the elderly not having the internet or people on low incomes who can only regard the World Wide Web as a luxury. So come on you people out there who have criticised this issue, please have a think about all sides to this story and consider people in all walks of life with differing situations and let us see what transpires.

All ‘low income families’ I know have internet, tablets, iphone 6’s, 42inch flat screens, sky TV etc..etc…

:) Correct

Bryn6
    Participant

People who refuse to use the internet because they are old and they didn’t need it in 1964…..Someone do them a massive favour and get them a tablet and show them how to use it (incredibly simple, my child could do the basics at 1 and he’s not even on it regularly). It might just improve their lives!
    They are missing out on this forum for christ sake!!!

Rex Ham
    Participant

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Argos’ action, more and more people are clearly shopping either online or in Chester, that’s why we’ve got so many shops closing in town.

Darlofan
    Participant

Screwfix still do catalogues if people think their life is that bad without something to read.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News