A483 – 50mph zone

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 – 50mph zone

• Author

zinger
    Participant

The item in Wxm.com shows a drop of 45% in nitrous oxide emissions between 2018 -2020.
    Is this really proof that the measures work or how much of this would be due to the pandemic?

MattJ
    Participant

Just because we’ve had travel restrictions limiting the number of cars on the road you think its ok to come on here and imply that this isn’t a great council success story. Ludicrous.

katy
    Blocked

Lets take a look at the original report from the Welsh Government when this scheme was devised:

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/consultations/2018-04/180425-no2-weltag-stage-1-a483-wrexham-en.pdf

On page 15 we see table 1. This shows there prediction of what would happen if they did nothing (ie no speed limits introduced). It shows that levels were predicted to fall to 31 by 2022 if no measures introduced (levels would fall as older cars gets replaced with newer cleaner engines or electric cars).

So levels of 27.5 during a pandemic when there is massive drop in the number of cars using the A483 is hardly a roaring success compared to the baseline of what was predicted to happen if no measures were taken. There are also probably more electric cars on the road than they would have predicted in 2017

Steve Hartwell
    Participant

A dual carriageway that rides like a roller coaster ride, a road closed by a flood more than a year. Sadly, I feel our roads department leaves a lot to be desired.
    Some of the roads near me are almost unusable, so bad are the potholes.
    But let’s try to catch people driving over 50 MPH by all means.

limbo
    Participant

If the stated or intended purpose of the 50 mph speed limit on the A483 is to cut exhaust emissions…

If you travel over 50mph in a non polluting electric vehicle are you still subject to the fine?
    If so… Why?

steveg
    Participant

Climate crisis? What climate crisis? I want to drive my lovely shiny car at 70mph and I don’t care if the Earth heats up!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News