What will you do to celebrate Brexit day on 31.01.2020…?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum What will you do to celebrate Brexit day on 31.01.2020…?

• Author

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=180208]I am going to “ celebrate “ the fact that next week the NHS is going to cop an extra £350m.
    I bet they are planning already- maybe a couple of extra GPS for Gresford surgery !?[/quote]
    Don’t hold your breath, their won’t be any extra GPs for a couple of years, they don’t grow on trees.

TimRegency
    Participant

The issue is that the required number of GPs is not being kept up by this we-don’t-give-a-shit hard-right Tory government; not that the brexit and Tory-voting thick—heads would get that simple point.

Councillor X
    Participant

I will be in Wetherspoons wearing my union jack underpants with Matt but he ain’t responded to my invites yet!

Anonymous
    Inactive

An acquaintance of mine, who is pro leaving the EU, has been spouting on, since the referendum, that he has a fine bottle of chablis that he will open when we officially leave the EU.
    The irony seems to elude him.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=180365]An acquaintance of mine, who is pro leaving the EU, has been spouting on, since the referendum, that he has a fine bottle of chablis that he will open when we officially leave the EU.
    The irony seems to elude him.[/quote]

You find it ironic that he wants to celebrate by drinking a French wine, why? Just because we are leaving the EU doesn’t mean we will not/can not buy and use goods made in EU countries. You are trying to be a tad too clever and, it doesn’t work. Me, i’ll be having a dram or two of one of Scotland’s finest single malts. Perhaps you’ll find that ironic too. Cheers.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote] Just because we are leaving the EU doesn’t mean we will not/can not buy and use goods made in EU countries. [/quote]

That’s exactly what you voted for. We bought and sold goods and services as members of the EU trading bloc. We don’t have an alternative arrangement yet. The great deal that we did have (that you voted to toss away) involved free movement of goods and services, just-in-time frictionless trade and no internal tariffs. I gather France wants 25 years access to British fishing waters even before negotiations have begun, ho ho!

But I’d be delighted if you can demonstrate that I’m wrong. Tell the forum about what superb alternative is available and how it beats the great deal that we had as members of the EU.

zinger
    Participant

I understand that the EU export 16% of it’s market to the UK. Are they really going to turn that away?

I may or may not raise a glass of Penderyn Welsh whisky to old friends & new.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=180367]

Just because we are leaving the EU doesn’t mean we will not/can not buy and use goods made in EU countries.

That’s exactly what you voted for. We bought and sold goods and services as members of the EU trading bloc. We don’t have an alternative arrangement yet. The great deal that we did have (that you voted to toss away) involved free movement of goods and services, just-in-time frictionless trade and no internal tariffs. I gather France wants 25 years access to British fishing waters even before negotiations have begun, ho ho!

But I’d be delighted if you can demonstrate that I’m wrong. Tell the forum about what superb alternative is available and how it beats the great deal that we had as members of the EU.[/quote]

I really can’t be bothered to answer that as it’s just more remainer doom and gloom twaddle that’s been done to death, and more. We leave tomorrow and that’s it. Just as i (and millions of others) did in 1975 after being on the losing side in that referendum you need to get over it and get on board or, it’ll drive you mad.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=180383]I understand that the EU export 16% of it’s market to the UK. Are they really going to turn that away?

I may or may not raise a glass of Penderyn Welsh whisky to old friends & new.[/quote]

No, they are not as it would mean a jump in unemployment in Germany for one and Germany at the moment can not afford to risk that as it is already in bother.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find it ironic that you need to try and justify how a person who wants nothing at all to do with Europe, he wont accept that the UK is part of Europe, will celebrate.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News