The best route from Plas Coch Retail Park to Oswestry

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The best route from Plas Coch Retail Park to Oswestry

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

Re Forum Post The best route from Plas Coch Retail Park to Oswestry

Posted by John Hopkins on Tuesday, 22 September 2015

I have recently discovered that there are more important things in life than to worry about being cut up by a taxi on the way into town, but I do resent the fact that it is being suggested that I am not telling the truth. The above link shows the incident as recorded by my car camera.

BenjaminM
    Participant

It is said that the camera never lies and johnh has provided photographic evidence of his claim. But the plot thickens! If it was not you jok, it must have been one of your other drivers.
    Is it not time now, to consider driver refresher training for all drivers of your vehicles?

moggsie
    Participant

[quote quote=100019]The best route you can take from Plas Coch Retail Park if you wish to travel in the direction of Oswestry is to turn right onto Plas Coch Road. Then you choose the right hand lane signposted for Chester and proceed to the set of traffic lights. At the lights you ignore the vehicles in the centre lane that are signalling a right turn and you continue to make a right turn. When you find that the vehicle in the centre lane forces you to remain in the right hand lane, you blast your horn at them, cut across two lanes, offering them a victory “V” sign and turn left onto the A483 oblivious of the fact that you are in the wrong.

I hope that the people who make this manoeuvre on a regular basis will take note of the fact that they should use the left hand lane to go towards the town centre, the middle lane to go towards B and Q, Oswestry and Mold and the right hand lane “FOR CHESTER ONLY”. If you can’t work it out you shouldn’t be driving at all.

[/quote] PMSL…get some glasses boyo !!

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=100397]Do not judge me and you will not be judged, do not condemn me and you will not be condemned and I don’t need to be forgiven thank you very much, not by you anyway, that is for my priest to do, if it was required, which it is not.

[/quote]

Luke 8:17

jok
    Participant

John Hoppy, your camera shows my taxi “merging” on Regent Street from right hand lane to left hand lane and as it is ahead of your vehicle surely it is your duty to allow it to proceed into the lane you are using without referring to it as cutting you up.

johnhoppy
    Participant

[quote quote=100454]John Hoppy, your camera shows my taxi “merging” on Regent Street from right hand lane to left hand lane and as it is ahead of your vehicle surely it is your duty to allow it to proceed into the lane you are using without referring to it as cutting you up.

[/quote]

Just because your indicator light is on does not give you the right to barge in. I had already slowed down to allow the car in front of you to merge, and it is then YOUR DUTY to wait for the car behind me to let you in and not just dive into the space I had left for the first car to merge safely.

jok
    Participant

Your footage shows that the car in front of you is a good distance ahead of both your car and my taxi, there are no other vehicles in sight, your statement is flawed. By virtue of my registration numbers I put myself into the public domain and as such become an easy target. If there was traffic congestion I could appreciate your statement, but one car in the left hand lane well ahead of you and my taxi, with my taxi indicating left and trying to merge from right hand lane to left hand lane does not constitute cutting you up.

johnhoppy
    Participant

[quote quote=100456]Your footage shows that the car in front of you is a good distance ahead of both your car and my taxi, there are no other vehicles in sight, your statement is flawed. By virtue of my registration numbers I put myself into the public domain and as such become an easy target. If there was traffic congestion I could appreciate your statement, but one car in the left hand lane well ahead of you and my taxi, with my taxi indicating left and trying to merge from right hand lane to left hand lane does not constitute cutting you up.

[/quote]

I stated earlier in this thread that there are more important things in life than arguing about being cut up by a taxi. I suspect that very soon I will be in a hospital bed and I certainly do not wish to be thinking about this minor argument. I will draw a line under this argument now once and for all and admit that you a right and can do no wrong, and will not comment further upon it.

jok
    Participant

John, I never set out to have a confrontation with you, it was just that you were convinced I had cut you up and even your camera footage does not show that you were cut up. I am sorry to hear that you are having to go in to hospital soon. I have just lost my brother four weeks ago, so I hope you pull through whatever is wrong with you. I will say a prayer for you and hope you will survive your ordeal, best wishes, JOK.

jok
    Participant

I have said my prayer for you and I hope God will keep you safe.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News