Staff not wearing Masks at vaccination centres

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Staff not wearing Masks at vaccination centres

• Author

janeywxm
    Participant

Has anyone else encountered staff not wearing masks in vaccination centres? My Mother went for her vaccination to Borras Park GP surgery, she is a patient at Hillcrest Medical centre, Holt road.

She was called into the small consulting room where there was a nurse stood wearing a mask but a Hillcrest medical centre receptionist sat at the desk without a mask on! The receptionist took my Mother’s details and asked questions before she was vaccinated.

She remained sat during the vaccination and I assume she must have sat there for the next patient and the next etc…

Surely this cannot be following rules? Aren’t we all supposed to try and control the spread of Covid? Maybe she is medically exempt but if that’s the case she should be assigned to a different duty then.

Janey

Matt
    Participant

Those working in patient facing positions in primary healthcare have to take regular lateral flow rapid Covid testing. So in principle, if this person had an exemption from wearing a mask they have undertaken other risk mitigation methods to prevent the spread of Covid from themselves to other they come in close contact with in their place of work.

Teachers have to do these tests twice a week and this allows them to work in their environments in close contact without having to wear masks and without increasing the risk of Covid spread. The medical experts behind the Covid guidelines have deemed this a safe operating process and I imagine they have doubled down on these safety procedures in healthcare practices where staff are coming into contact with vulnerable patients.

I’m sure the person in question had a valid reason for not wearing a mask, as I doubt whomever runs the surgery would have allowed it otherwise. As you have perfectly pointed out with your concerns that it’s a red flag in terms of Covid safety to most people.

I’m guessing if your mother is not happy about this, you or her should get in contact with the surgery and make a complaint or an enquiry directly to them.

BenjaminM
    Participant

If you or your mother were concerned at the time, the obvious solution would have been to raise the matter there and then, to ascertain the reason why. It achieves little airing your grievance on a public forum naming specific locations when it was in your gift to clarify the matter immediately.

janeywxm
    Participant

My Mother did approach someone there to ask and was just given no answer other than a shrug of the shoulders!

As for lateral flow testing, it’s only good for the moment the test is taken. A day later a person could be covid positive. It’s simply not good enough for someone not to wear a mask, especially in a tiny unventilated room.

Btw,Benjamin I was asking if anyone else had come across this situation when receiving their vaccination as I wanted to know if this was a common practice.

Janey

Matt
    Participant

It’s obviously not going to be common practice is it. Clearly someone was either exempt from wearing a mask, in which case the practice would have made the necessary risk assessments and deemed it safe for them to continue the job which they were doing. OR the staff member was being negligent and not wearing a mask when they should have done so. In the latter case a complaint should be raised if anyone felt at risk.

Have you rang up Hillcrest Medical Centre yet to find out the answer? Because that will tell me whether or not a genuine concern was actually had.

Councillor X
    Participant

Interested to know if the call was made too.
    Matt has gone right kick ass with his questioning and i think we have found a replacement for Piers Morgan on Goodmorning Britain. (don’t think you should start a sentence with Because though)

Its all going to kick off now.

Next we get BenjaminM havin’ a go at JaneyWxm and Tim Regency sticking up for her and having an argument with Matt, who leaves the forum and will probably end up on the deeside.com forums saying how JaneyWxm wasn’t bothered enough to phone up Hillcrest Blues.

Its snowing here now.

janeywxm
    Participant

Of course the medical centre was called! It was the first thing that was done after she got home! She was told someone would get back to her, many calls and days later still no answer or anyone bothering to respond.

Emails were sent – again ignored!

Betsi emailed – awaiting reply, it says it takes 3 days for an acknowledgement!

And what do you mean this will tell you whether a genuine concern was actually had! Of course it’s genuine. Do you think I sat down in my office one day, thought to to myself I need to post something to this forum and made it up?

We’ve had a year of lockdowns, people dying before their time and for someone to sit in an unventilated room minus a mask is taking the P!

Janey

janeywxm
    Participant

Its all going to kick off now.

Next we get BenjaminM havin’ a go at JaneyWxm and Tim Regency sticking up for her and having an argument with Matt, who leaves the forum and will probably end up on the deeside.com forums saying how JaneyWxm wasn’t bothered enough to phone up Hillcrest Blues.

Not going to kick off from me, Councillor X. To be honest the reactions have bemused but not surprised me. It’s no wonder this forum only consists of the same regulars.

Matt did not go ” kick ass” he went half-assed as usual. He seems to thrive on trying to belittle people which in this instance is odd considering he is in the category for potentially being severely ill or dying with covid. But obviously, as with his lifestyle choices he also cannot control his gob when it comes to responding to people!

You can all argue and bicker to your hearts content as I am not going to bother coming back. It’s a shame the attitudes of some on this forum are actually doing a disservice to Wrexham.com. What should be a thriving forum for Wrexham people is actually a place to take pot shots at one another. No wonder not many people bother to post!

Janey

Matt
    Participant

Councillor you were right that there was going to be a Piers Morgan in this thread, but who knew it was going to be Janey. Backed the wrong horse!

Janey Morgan

Janey, you can’t say you’re not going to kick off and then throw the mother of all tantrums and fire off personal insults that don’t even stick. Perhaps that’s what half assed looks like.

Last time I checked, I have been since the beginning of the pandemic and still am in a very low risk category for Covid. I’m probably in better shape than I have been in years, because walking was all we were allowed to do for almost half a year at a time.

I’m the one in my extended family, when permitted who has been running emergency errands for more elderly and vulnerable family members so they don’t have to take any risks.

I’m not expecting to get my call up for a vaccine until the end of this month, possibly next month. I’m not bothered, I’m completely relaxed about it and have taken all the sensible precautions to mask up, washed my hands until they have gone funny in some cases. I’ve kept my distance and barely seen anyone outside my immediate family except for essential reasons. I’ve played by the rules and haven’t caught it or ran the risk of passing anything on to anyone else.

I appreciate that some other people may have had a far more anxious time and also lost loved ones. But this isn’t what this is all about is it.

The picture is clear now, you were infuriated that Betsi didn’t get back to you because quite frankly like myself and others on here they thought the issue in hand was completely trivial and they had far more important things to be doing like booking in more vaccinations and saving lives than pandering to “outraged from Wrexham.com’s need for a Waaambulance”.

You have been completely disrespectful of the receptionist at the Hillcrest Medical Centre. You may not have named them by name but perhaps people who read this forum know who works on reception there and your attempt to shame them and put them in a bad light when they were just trying to do their job is pathetic for a grown adult.

Now that others haven’t supported your view on here and have seen it for the complete outrage bait that it was, you’ve lost it. Next time try posting it up on Facebook instead, they are sucker for an outrage bandwagon.

I just thought it was logical common sense that the issue should have remained a private matter between the surgery and your family.

P.s. it reflects very poorly on your character that you believe people have died or got very ill from Covid from poor life choices. The implication being that it was their own fault that they died. Please go and explain that to families with loved ones who have lost people in vulnerable categories.

There is also a shameful lack of tolerance in your argument for people who may not be able to wear masks.

Good luck on all your future endeavours.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News