Remember, Remember its the 5th you member!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Remember, Remember its the 5th you member!!

• Author

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Remember, Remember the 5th, er ..the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd and the 4th and of course the 6th, 7th and probably the 8th & 9th of November!!
    Come on Guy pack it in with the fireworks, never mind the dogs, its doing my head in!!

Taffy
    Participant

Hope you don’t live in Coedpoeth/Minera as I will be setting ours off tonight!

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I agree completely OP. My Facebook feed has been full of photos of lost and found dogs over this past week or so, no doubt due to them having been spooked by the endless fireworks! People know to keep their pets in on the 5th, but where does it end? And really why do people go out and buy them when it’s probably cheaper to go to one of the many public displays we have in the area now?

Whitevanman
    Participant

Fair play to the moaners out there, how many of em have had fireworks at weddings or birthdays?? Probably most! it’s ok when the tables are turned isn’t it!!

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I’ve never been to a wedding where fireworks have been set off, ditto birthday parties. Stop being so selfish and have consideration for other people and animals.

AMA Express
    Participant

I can’t understand why you’ve not been invited. ;)

justjojo2011
    Participant

Before 1999, I only ever remember fireworks being set off for bonfire night. They would be going off for a couple weeks before bonfire night and up to the weekend after. But since 1999, when everyone was letting them off for New Years Eve as it was a special one, they are going off for everything. I’m all for a bit of fun and excitement but weddings and birthday parties is too far in terms of fireworks. They shouldn’t be sold any other time of year. The shops only sell them for bonfire night so someone somewhere is selling them.

I have seen people asking on Facebook where they can buy fireworks cheap and I have seen people in the selling groups SELLING fireworks. This is where the idiots are getting them from. I don’t know how people can be so stupid to buy fireworks from a bloke on Facebook who isn’t even regulated or licenced to do so.

People call for fireworks to be banned, but they don’t need to be banned. They need to go back to how it used to be, and only be sold for bonfire night. Banning them will just cause more people to sell them illegally and won’t actually solve the problem of them being set off for not apparant reason. It also means that some kids may never actually see fireworks properly. My kids wouldn’t if they banned them.

Whitevanman, I went to a wedding in August, guess how many fireworks were let off? None. Also never been to a birthday party where fireworks are set off. What kind of weddings and parties have you been to?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News