One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Tell me honestly, right now which way is it best for me to go from Prices Lane direction to Colliery Road, pick someone up to take them to Rhosddu & then back again to Colliery Road to drop them off & then go back in the direction of Prices Lane. I am talking a disabled person. I only have limited time available.

Speediecars
    Participant

12.45 saw a small bump between two cars on Grosvenor road. Taking us a lot longer to get around due to road closure.

The road maybe only closed for a few days but things aren’t going to get any better once one way system is in place no matter what the council or anybody says.

Complete chaos around the town caused by bad thinking, surely this much chaos is uncalled for?

Biker Dom
    Participant

I found that Stanty Road was very quite when I got home from work about half an hour ago. :D

harry
    Participant

Grosvenor Rd was constant gridlock all day today. Dont know why they couldnt of waited until the roadworks in Rhostyllen had finished and the road reopened to try this out, as now everyone is using junction 4 and 5 to get in to town adding to the chaos. As always great planning from WCBC………

NJones
    Participant

@zinger 1954 wrote:

I agree that it has to be bad during the closure but that is no comfort to the businesses that are losing their livelihood during a recession through no fault of their own. Now tell me honestly, which way is it best for me to go from Prices Road to Plas Coch to pick up a couple of pensioners to take them back into Rhosddu, trafficwise & timewise.

Bypass.

zinger
    Participant

I went round the Bypass yesterday, down Plas Coch, then back along Plas Coch, Mold Road, Grosvenor Road into Rhosddu then the reverse journey before going home. It took ages but forgot to check mileage & time. I will try to do that this afternoon. I can’t do this for 4 weeks.

Taffy
    Participant

@harry 1958 wrote:

Grosvenor Rd was constant gridlock all day today.

I drove from the B&Q roundabout down Mold Road on to Grosvenor road then towards Acton yesterday at about 13:45 and all roads were clear with no signs of “gridlock”.

wrexview
    Participant

Why widen the footpath if this is really only a trial?

NJones
    Participant

@zinger 1961 wrote:

I went round the Bypass yesterday, down Plas Coch, then back along Plas Coch, Mold Road, Grosvenor Road into Rhosddu then the reverse journey before going home. It took ages but forgot to check mileage & time. I will try to do that this afternoon. I can’t do this for 4 weeks.

Don’ try it in rush hour as there also road works on the bypass down by Gresford and this morning the bypass was queing towards chester from Mold road roundabout!

NJones
    Participant

@wrexview 1963 wrote:

Why widen the footpath if this is really only a trial?

They are widening it with scaffolding.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News