One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

Taffy
    Participant

@NJones 2143 wrote:

As another poster points out, its the inconsiderate people of Wrexham

it’s not just Wrexham….it’s everywhere.

DaveW
    Participant

@NJones 2142 wrote:

I have. My friend had her car written off.

Apologies mate, sorry about that.

Rob
    Participant

Stansty Road Bridge Tipped To Return To Two Way Traffic | Wrexham.com

Its possible that things could revert back from the 25th – although it will take a couple of days to do the work to reopen it both ways.

zinger
    Participant

Well, all I can say is thank the Lord for common sense prevailing.

Rob
    Participant

NJones
    Participant

Time to start buying spare wing mirrors again!

Mike Davies
    Participant

@NJones 2193 wrote:

Silly statement. I have driven that way many, many thousands of times, at all times of day and night. I have never had a wing mirror damaged!

I have however lost 2 wing mirrors on separate occasions whilst parked legally at the side of roads in Wrexham. Should they be considered for one-way systems? I think not.

Regarding you having a car written off when driving through the tunnel, I would be interested in more details, as a write off does not usually occur at the sort of speeds that traffic passes through there. It would suggest that whoever hit you was driving at way above a sensible speed for the road conditions, and therefore could have caused the accident anywhere.

NJones
    Participant

@Mike Davies 2196 wrote:

Silly statement. I have driven that way many, many thousands of times, at all times of day and night. I have never had a wing mirror damaged!

I have however lost 2 wing mirrors on separate occasions whilst parked legally at the side of roads in Wrexham. Should they be considered for one-way systems? I think not.

Regarding you having a car written off when driving through the tunnel, I would be interested in more details, as a write off does not usually occur at the sort of speeds that traffic passes through there. It would suggest that whoever hit you was driving at way above a sensible speed for the road conditions, and therefore could have caused the accident anywhere.

You obviously haven’t encountered some of the idiots in wrexham. I lost another wing mirror the week before it was closed thanks to a white renault builders van flying under the bridge at 30 mph. I’ve yet to repair the damage to the paintwork.

Put your glasses on- it said a friends car was written off. It was caused some old codger driving down the centre of the road when she came around the blind part of the bend. She braked and swerved catching the wall down the side of her car- as she was a student at yale at the time- the age of the car and amount of damage caused mean’t the car had to be written off.

Its high and mighty attitudes like yours that causes problems on the road- maybe your ability to park a car is the problem if you lose wing mirrors.

zinger
    Participant

@NJones 2193 wrote:

Didn’t you say that it is no problem for you to go round by the bypass. If you do that then it will be one less vehicle to worry about under the bridge.
    Possibly as well you don’t have to pay for your own fuel if you drive a company vehicle like the WCBC.

Chris
    Participant

@NJones 2193 wrote:

Think this says more about your driving than anything else.
    Also there is no blind spot under the bridge.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News