Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley

• Author

DR
    Participant

@Chris 11802 wrote:

Just bumping this up as it was the second question to be asked on this forum

Sorry I am not sighted on the arrangements for this fixture as that is the responsibility of Cheshire Police/Chester FC. I suggest you seek clarity from the club who “own” that process. Paul Wycherley

DR
    Participant

On the way to Wrexham.com today I saw vehicles parked with valuables clearly on display: 2 sat navs, a handbag on a front seat, a briefcase on a back seat and an IPhone on a dashboard. Please (for the 1,000th time) take your valuables with you or lock them safely away. Also, in relation to burglary dwellings, over 30% are committed at insecure premises. Please take crime prevention seriously and help us to help you! Paul Wycherley

DR
    Participant

@zinger 11762 wrote:

As a child many years ago, I was taught that if you you were afraid or lost, that the person to approach would be a policeman as you could trust them. Nowadays, I can’t tell a policeman from a security guard as they all look the same. How would I tell my grandchildren how to recognise a real policeman if they needed help.

When on foot patrol, Police officers including Police Community Support Officers should always wear helmets or caps which have the force badge clearly displayed and have their handcuffs visible on the outside of their jackets. Additionally all officers carry their Warrant card as identification, and a braille strip which is used as proof of identity for the visually impaired. Also, the words Police and Heddlu are embroidered on the front and back of all outer wear, so I hope that identification should be straightforward. Paul Wycherley.

DR
    Participant

Finally with regards to property stolen subject of vehicle crime and burglaries, if anyone has information that would assist the police with their inquiries or recovery of any such property I would urge the public to contact North Wales Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 – Detective Inspector Neil Harrison

Ferret
    Participant

Darryl Wrexham.comer I ham harresting you for the himpersonation of a police hofficer.

Seriously, whatever you think of the answers,top marks to the IPW for coming on and answering the questions fully, courteously and with minimum resort to cliches / jargon. Even my snotty exaggerated question from 8.24pm in the style of Mr Angry.

wxm
    Participant

@darryl 11778 wrote:

At a strategic level, senior officers for the Police liaise regularly with their peers in the Council to work as partners to create the right environment for the town to flourish. The Programme Delivery Board meet quarterly and is attended by senior Police, health officials, education, youth offending, fire and rescue service, senior leaders from the political and executive side of the Council and voluntary sector organisations.

This group set the strategic aims which essentially is to make Wrexham a safer, vibrant community which in turn it is hoped will lead to economic development. Beneath this strategic forum sits a number of delivery groups designed to actually “make things happen”. These include a fortnightly multi-agency tasking group whereby partners liaise and discuss emerging crime patterns and hatch a reduction strategy; an anti- social behaviour and licensing group which meet monthly to discuss these types of issues, again in a multi-agency environment and reduce the instances of anti-social behaviour, and an Integrated offender management unit , again multi- agency, specifically there to prevent known offenders from re-offending.

At the coal face Police Community Support Officers are expected to reassure the most vulnerable members of our communities, and of course this can include the elderly. In conclusion, performance across Wrexham county in the current crime recording year is showing all crime reduced by 4.3%. Some notable reductions are: Violence with injury reduced by 6.3%, non-domestic burglary reduced by 8.1%, shoplifting down by 1.0% and criminal damage now down by 11.1%. This is partly as a result of the collaborative approach from these groups. I hope that helps. Paul Wycherley

It is excellent to see people in public office hold an open and transparent exchange with the community.

Is the environment conducive to enable it to flourish (in economic performance, education and earnings of the next generation, the well being of those retired) is a very real question.

DR
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback and to everyone who took part his afternoon (including Inspector Wycherley and Detective Inspector Harrison!)

It was a bit of an experiment for Wrexham.com as we had never done anything like this before. Overall we’re pleased with how it went and we’ve picked up on a few things to improve on or trial next time.

Inspector Wycherley was happy with how the afternoon went and seems quite keen to take part in another one soon. We had quite a nice mixture of questions as well, and those that couldn’t be answered have been passed to the relevant officers.

We’re also having a chat about who else we could potentially invite to take part in a live Question and Answer session. Although in future we may have to set up a separate account so it doesn’t look as though I’m impersonating an officer…!

If you have any comments or suggestions who you’d like to potentially see take part in a chat, let us know :D

(Post from Darryl and not Inspector Wycherley)

DR
    Participant

Reply from Inspector Nick Evans regarding dog fouling in Wrexham:

@wrexham
    .com da amount of dog mess round Rhos is disgusting! if u can’t pick it up don’t walk a dog in public place. watch under foot peep

Dog fouling has been made the local priority for Rhos as part of the PCSO agreement. As such, an action plan is being formulated to address the issue and the PCSO will be reporting back to the community council.

Thanks,
    Nick.

wxm
    Participant

@wxm 11814 wrote:

It is excellent to see people in public office hold an open and transparent exchange with the community.

Is the environment conducive to enable it to flourish (in economic performance, education and earnings of the next generation, the well being of those retired) is a very real question.

The “process” and “resources” that were listed in this reply show an excellent and coordinated approach to managing crime and social issues. However, the question is what is the quality of life like, and is Wrexham flourishing.

The answer surely has to be, no, not as we want in 2014, and not as it should be for 2020, and when the next generation retire! It is the outcome we need to start to debate and change, not the process!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News