Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley

• Author

DR
    Participant

@darryl 11790 wrote:

Question via Twitter:

“Do u think police response times are accepted in Wxm ie break ins taking to next day 2 visit home owner”

I am aware that the Detective Chief Inspector has recently stated that all victims of domestic dwelling burglaries will be attended to by CID officers and this will begin early in March, as his opinion is (as is mine) that this is a very serious offence and requires a proportionate response. Paul Wycherley.

DR
    Participant

Question asked via Twitter:

“Did you ask why the police spend most of their time sat at junction 7 Rossett/Llay just to issue speeding tickets?”

DR
    Participant

@zinger 11791 wrote:

Is it possible that the crime figures appear to have gone down because people don’t report crimes due to it being unlikely that the criminals will be apprehended and charged?

I hope not as clearly we can only investigate things we know about! With regard to the apprehensions and charges, there have been 2 high profile cases in Wrexham town since Xmas when the offender has gone through the Police and Court system inside 10 days and received prison sentences. One was a street robbery of a student where the offender received 27 months custody, and a further was an incident in a public loo where the offender received 12 months custody so I hope that is not the case. Hope that helps, Paul Wycherley.

DR
    Participant

@darryl 11798 wrote:

Question asked via Twitter:

“Did you ask why the police spend most of their time sat at junction 7 Rossett/Llay just to issue speeding tickets?”

The Police don’t spend most of their time there! If you are referring to the camera vans they are staffed by police civilian employees not officers, so do not detract from the patrol strength. Paul Wycherley.

DR
    Participant

Question from Wrexham.com:

In a recent Town Centre Forum meeting, one bar owner commented on Wrexham’s nightlife, saying it had improved and was a safe place to go.

What do you think has helped improved the night atmosphere in town and is there anything you are still seeking to improve?

Chris
    Participant

@Chris 11757 wrote:

How are the police going to prevent Wrexham FC fans purchasing tickets in the home end at the upcoming Chester/Wrexham game?

Not interested in the punishment should they be caught but in the prevention, as thats the reason behind the Bubble status.
    It seems to me that with all the planned disruption to normal fans it will be easier and more convenient to purchase a home ticket.

Just bumping this up as it was the second question to be asked on this forum

DR
    Participant

@darryl 11801 wrote:

In a recent Town Centre Forum meeting, one bar owner commented on Wrexham’s nightlife, saying it had improved and was a safe place to go.

What do you think has helped improved the night atmosphere in town and is there anything you are still seeking to improve?

I think the fact that we work together very much as a team, police, Council and licensees has made a massive difference. For my part, there is a far greater Police presence in the town in the early evening, and persons misbehaving when under the influence of drink are removed. This is purely so that the vast majority of people who come into Wrexham for a good night out can do so in safety. The Council CCTV system is a great bonus to us as they direct us to incidents quickly, and record incidents as they happen which we can play to a Court. Licensees themselves have been really supportive. I know that rigorous age checks are now in place, the test purchases regularly conducted by Trading Standards now only rarely catch an under age sale taking place, and licensees comply with the conditions of the licences. We currently have a reduction in the town of over 11% for assaults with injury compared to last year. This isn’t just a police success, it is success from the whole town centre team, and I thank all parties for their assistance. Paul Wycherley.

DR
    Participant

What is the funniest or oddest thing you have seen in the town the past year? (Can be vague if don’t want to incriminate!)

DR
    Participant

@darryl 11782 wrote:

An question submitted anonymously via email:

“What can inspector Wycherley do to target boy racers and individuals that use Wrexham as a race track, there are vehicles running around this town with exhausts that are too loud, not abiding by the speed limits and swerving all over the road to avoid speed bumps, can the police request resources to tackle this?”

Got it thanks, I will move on this today. As you will know, vehicles should not should not use the road as a racetrack. On late duty I have closed the Yorke Street/High Street areas to vehicles other than taxis in order to preserve public safety. What do you think? Paul Wycherley.

DR
    Participant

@darryl 11804 wrote:

What is the funniest or oddest thing you have seen in the town the past year? (Can be vague if don’t want to incriminate!)

I think that would have to be when I was on foot in the early hours in Lord Street and was approached by a very large, well fed fox! Paul Wycherley.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham