I pads for plaid councillors

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum I pads for plaid councillors

• Author

Ponciau
    Participant

Talk about pot.kettle black .Plaid cllrs were spotted with their shiny new i pads at bodlondeb (Conwy)

Dragon
    Participant

plaid are hypocrites, 2 plaid Councillor on Wrexham council have ipads for many years, I checked this out today and it true.oops

Dragon
    Participant

[quote quote=124418]Talk about pot.kettle black .Plaid cllrs were spotted with their shiny new i pads at bodlondeb (Conwy)

Plaid are hypocrites,2 plaid councillors on Wrexham council have had ipads for many years,I checked this out today and it true. oops

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=124426]

Talk about pot.kettle black .Plaid cllrs were spotted with their shiny new i pads at bodlondeb (Conwy)

Plaid are hypocrites,2 plaid councillors on Wrexham council have had ipads for many years,I checked this out today and it true. oops

[/quote]

The fact they have them is not the issue. The issue is that the WCBC is going to replace them with new ones at a cost of over £32k to the tax payer when the ones they have are still functioning well as has been admitted by a Councillor on here. The Ipads are a useful tool but, to replace them all at this time when essential services are suffering heavy cuts wreaks of insensitivity and a cynicism that is breathtaking and shows the contempt we are held in by some of the council members.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Hope they get S4C on them!

Cymrodor
    Participant

Dragon is right in that the Plaid Cymru councillors currently have ipads. I think all the councillors do.

My understanding is the Plaid councillors are perfectly happy with the ipads they’ve got as they work well and they’d rather Wrexham Council kept the £32,000 for services that the people of Wrexham need and deserve. Seems like a simple common sense case of “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”

It wouldn’t surprise me if the failing Labour mob comes out against the new ipads between now and May. They party has a track record of adopting common sense Plaid policies. Mind you, Labour is caving in on itself these days as they quarell amongst themselves, so it’ll be a miracle if they manage to string together any policies by May.

IMHO
    Participant

More BS. false arguments and made up figures from Wrexham council ref. Ipads.

Plaid Cymru is showing them up on this issue;

“Mr Jones went on to ask three questions of Cllr Pritchard;
    “- Does he not understand that councillors can access e-mails and papers via Webmail on their PCs or their own tablets?
    -Does he not realise that the council already installs the Good App on personal tablets that allows councillors to access the council intranet securely?
    – Does he not realise that any Plaid councillors elected in May could opt to buy a council iPad out of their own pockets, to save the taxpayer £32,000?”

As i have said before here, i have the same Ipad as the councillors ie. Ipad 3 and yes it isn’t now going to get all the operating system updates the other Ipads will but, it still does everything it has always done for me and very well. They do not cease to operate just because they are not supported. All the security issues BS is just that, BS.
    When a family is short of money they have to tighten their belts and make do with what they have and make the best of it, something some of our councillors are incapable of doing when it comes to spending OUR money!!

Use your vote to send a message that we are sick and tired of this kind of behaviour from our elected representatives.

Marvinuk
    Participant

Surely if the Ipads can be shown to generate a true cost saving then they should be seen as an investment and the replacements should be viewed as maintenance of the investment. It would be interesting to see the value of the old Ipad’s and then a decision made as to use them as trade in or donate to local community groups.
    I also have an Ipad 3 and certainly I am no longer able to use certain sites as it does not have the latest updates so it is no longer considered secure enough.
    A point like this will always be contentious.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=124563]Surely if the Ipads can be shown to generate a true cost saving then they should be seen as an investment and the replacements should be viewed as maintenance of the investment. It would be interesting to see the value of the old Ipad’s and then a decision made as to use them as trade in or donate to local community groups.
    I also have an Ipad 3 and certainly I am no longer able to use certain sites as it does not have the latest updates so it is no longer considered secure enough.
    A point like this will always be contentious.

[/quote]

That’s interesting. Any chance you can post links to those sites as i would like to see for myself, if that is possible of course. Thankyou.

Marvinuk
    Participant

Not sure if I can post a link but my pension is with Standard Life and when I try to log in it will not let me as it says need to update to new IOS and security certificate not valid, if i try from my sons Ipad it works fine but he has a newer model than me

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

9 Tips for Crafting the Perfect College Admission Essay

News

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News