I pads for plaid councillors

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum I pads for plaid councillors

• Author

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=124567]Not sure if I can post a link but my pension is with Standard Life and when I try to log in it will not let me as it says need to update to new IOS and security certificate not valid, if i try from my sons Ipad it works fine but he has a newer model than me

[/quote]

I see.
    Strange that as i can find no mention of that situation on google but i did find this on Standard Life’s website;

“With the festive period just around the corner and Christmas lists being eagerly compiled, these days it’s not so much new trinkets but new technology that figure highly.
    That’s why we thought now would be a great time to launch the new version of the Standard Life Savings app, a handy addition to any new (or existing) mobile or tablet”

So, they do seem to allow any age tablet to access their site. It would seem strange to me that they would lock out thousands of customers (pensioners) from accessing their accounts because they do not have a new enough tablet, very strange indeed.

I suspect you have a problem with your Ipad and not with the web site. I could, of course be wrong and obviously cannot attempt to access your account to verify the problem.

The Councilors use the Ipads for Council work and (one hopes) not for personal things
    and they are working fine at the moment so one would assume that they will continue to operate.
    If a time came when they just will not operate at all with any of the systems they use then there would be a case
    for replacement. They do not seem to be at that point yet though as they are using them day to day without problems.

IMHO
    Participant

Interesting.
    I know where my vote (and i suspect my wife’s) will be going.

Plaid Candidates Pledge to Refuse Pay Rise if Elected as Wrexham Councillors

BenjaminM
    Participant

A cheap and meaningless ploy from the unelectable. At present they have two Councillors (oops, sorry 1 and an Independent defector) and with any common sense that will be a big fat zero come May.
    Remember this: All the ‘leading lights’ have previously been voted out of office as Councillors.
    See it for what it is, a cheap shot that at best would save maybe a couple of grand.

aledwelsh1960
    Participant

Benjamin I think you are spot on with your comments, I think plaid cymru must think we are all idiots I really do, one can blatantly see what they are up to and I’m sure the electorate will as well.

Dragon
    Participant

Desperate times call for desperate measures from Plaid Cymru, once again they show their true colours.
    They fail to inform the public of Wrexham that the plaid chair of the fire authority is supporting the removal of one fire engine from Wrexham, hypocrites !!

Cymrodor
    Participant

Crikey, aledwelsh1960, imagine if the electorate really do see what they’re up to – showing they’re not in it for the money to line their own pockets with cash and top-spec gadgets whilst cutting pay, jobs and services for everyone else.

BenjaminM, you’re figure of “maybe a couple of grand” is clearly plucked from the air and is a laughably low guestimate at that. It can’t be that you’re actually a councillor yourself scared of losing your cosy little side earner to someone with their feet firmly on the ground and willing and able to do a better job for less?

Figures I’ve seen suggest had all the current councillors been content with what they got in 2012 and stuck with that pay for their whole term, there would have been about £500,000 – yes half a million – less to cut from our services.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Cymrodor, what has happened in the past is an irrelevancy, we are talking from May 2017 onwards.

As stated in the article, which quotes Carrie Harper – spokesperson for Plaid Cymru, PLAID CYMRU Councillors would refuse the pay rise and the new iPads.
    As I stated in my previous post, it is my opinion that Plaid Cymru are unlikely to garner sufficient support for it to make a difference at the May elections (unless they stand under another banner and the switch of course).
    Based on their present presence on WCBC, that would mean 2 iPads and the annual pay rise over the term of office. As I said, £2000 or so.

aledwelsh1960
    Participant

Cymrodor the money spent promoting the Welsh language 500k would you agree? or would you spend the money saving a fire pump at Wrexham? Seeing all of your plaid Cymru colleagues in the news paper all looking the part dressed in the same uniform all with the boards wanting to save the pump at Wrexham, why dose your plaid Cymru colleague who is the chair of the fire authority supports the removal of a pump at Wrexham it’s farcical, I’m not the brightest spark in the box but I can see exactly what plaid are doing promising the earth and delivering nothing oh sorry a quill and ink instead of the iPads.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=125535]Cymrodor the money spent promoting the Welsh language 500k would you agree? or would you spend the money saving a fire pump at Wrexham? Seeing all of your plaid Cymru colleagues in the news paper all looking the part dressed in the same uniform all with the boards wanting to save the pump at Wrexham, why dose your plaid Cymru colleague who is the chair of the fire authority supports the removal of a pump at Wrexham it’s farcical, I’m not the brightest spark in the box but I can see exactly what plaid are doing promising the earth and delivering nothing oh sorry a quill and ink instead of the iPads.

[/quote]

No need for Quill and ink as they already have quite functional Ipads which, you are no doubt aware so, why the comment?

ben10
    Participant

I do agree that councils and mps should provide their own computers, that could be ipad, tablet or laptop, let’s face it who does not have one of those devices these days, most probably have all three.
    With going down the Apple route, they have kind of committed themselves to upgrading more frequently than if they were with Windows computers. Apple are very good at making money, because they control everything, and drop support to devices after a few years which could result in some software not working, Plus once on the Apple gravey train it’s hard to get off, and move to another operating system especially if you have bought a lot of apps, you have the hassle of starting again, you can’t really blame councils and mps, there are millions of lemmings out there who are sucked in by apples fancy marketing. There are many alternatives out there, cheaper in fact and better, but why should they give a dam, it’s not them paying for it, well they are kind of if they live in Wrexham, I would like to know what happens to the old ones, will they be keeping them???

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News