Cheapskates!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cheapskates!

• Author

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

It’s an interesting discussion, I wonder how many tradesmen who do the cash in hand jobs (wink wink), and those who are more than happy to pay the reduced rate are currently vilifying the banks for helping people avoid or evade tax?

The black economy accounts for a huge amount of lost revenue to HMRC, and pushes the benefit cost to the country up, through fraudulently claimed income based benefits.
    You can’t have it both ways, either you are happy to turn a blind eye to everyone avoiding/evading tax or nobody.

Huw
    Participant

@Sheefag 18699 wrote:

Dale, you and the Radar technician are deliberately obfuscating, the point is that REPUTABLE and COMPETENT will rarely, if at all, come rushing towards a customer who’s first words are CHEAP.
    When a potential customer states from the off that he wants a CHEAP JOB, he has already indicated that payment will be grudging and reluctant regardless of the good quality.

Cheap people who want cheap jobs usually get what they deserve.

Absolutely spot on!

Chris
    Participant

@Sheefag 18699 wrote:

the point is that REPUTABLE and COMPETENT will rarely, if at all, come rushing towards a customer who’s first words are CHEAP.
    When a potential customer states from the off that he wants a CHEAP JOB, he has already indicated that payment will be grudging and reluctant regardless of the good quality.

nail on the head

Captain C
    Participant

I’m going to make a note of todays date Sheefag. I never thought it would happen, but I agree with you :confused:

Darlofan
    Participant

I’m not talking about using cash in hand trades, I don’t think I ever have. If I pay someone I want a money trail as proof they did it. Cheap does not have to mean cash in hand, nod nod, wink wink say no more. The anecdote about peeling paint on fascias and soffit wouldn’t happen to me because as I said I would research the job, ask the right questions and keep an eye on the work done.

Huw
    Participant

Sorry Mr ‘financially savvy’ I forgot you are perfect in every way, of course nothing like that would ever happen to somebody like you:confused:

Darlofan
    Participant

@Big H 18744 wrote:

Sorry Mr ‘financially savvy’ I forgot you are perfect in every way, of course nothing like that would ever happen to somebody like you:confused:

You don’t have to be “perfect in every way” to avoid cash in hand tradesmen. I’m in a fortunate position that I’m quite proficient at diy so most work I will do myself. If I need tradesmen it is usually for larger jobs.

Huw
    Participant

Where ‘cash in hand’ tradesmen has come from on this thread I don’t know but it’s got nothing to do with why this thread was started:confused:

Huw
    Participant

It’s up to you how you pay a tradesman and then it’s up to them to decide what they do with that payment. Personally I always pay them by cheque or bank transfer, however small or large the amount. If a tradesman takes cash and doesn’t declare it then he/she will only be shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to getting mortgages, credit, etc.

dale
    Participant

@Big H 18762 wrote:

Where ‘cash in hand’ tradesmen has come from on this thread I don’t know but it’s got nothing to do with why this thread was started:confused:

Ha ha I might not agree with your original point but I do agree about this!:)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News