Cheapskates!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cheapskates!

• Author

Huw
    Participant

What a load of crap.
    It’s about having a bit of RESPECT for a person that provides a service, i.e a tradesman, be that an aerial installer, plumber, decorator, whatever, and realising that they don’t do their jobs for as CHEAP as possible in order to do a favour to somebody they have never even met or for fun or as a hobby but to pay mortgages and put food on the table just like everybody else. How hard is that to understand?

Darlofan
    Participant

@Big H 18639 wrote:

What a load of crap.
    It’s about having a bit of RESPECT for a person that provides a service, i.e a tradesman, be that an aerial installer, plumber, decorator, whatever, and realising that they don’t do their jobs for as CHEAP as possible in order to do a favour to somebody they have never even met or for fun or as a hobby but to pay mortgages and put food on the table just like everybody else. How hard is that to understand?

The problem is there are a lot if trades people out there that just hike prices thinking the ordinary house holder will be blinded by technical stuff. I’m as I’ve said financially savvy and good at diy, electrical etc and I can list endless things in my life where I’ve had quotes for jobs only to either get different diagnosis from another expert or look into the problem myself. Ford was the best, had a diesel leak on car, luckily I was at Huws Greys in Rhostyllen so went over road to Ford. Technician looked and took 10 seconds to show be pipe that was leaking. Part was £78 and an hour to fit so £168 all done. Luckily for me they had to order part in for afternoon. He taped leak up and booked me in, I then went to garage I’ve used in llay as next appointment was nearby, he looked, took pipe off, showed me split rubber washer, replaced for new washer that cost 10p charged me a fiver for his 3minutes work and job done. Took him longer to get fords tape off than replace washer. Sadly this goes on in any trade which is why people resort to twitter to ask for cheap trades people rather than reliable.

Huw
    Participant

And then whinge on Twitter or Facebook when they get poor workmanship and wonder why.

Huw
    Participant

And as for people wanting cheap rather than reliable, what’s all that about? So an old dear has a leak and it’s coming through the ceiling. Something tells me that reliable is going to be top of her list! Or do you think she will sit and wait for her CHEAP odd-job man to turn up, or not.

dale
    Participant

@Big H 18651 wrote:

And as for people wanting cheap rather than reliable, what’s all that about? So an old dear has a leak and it’s coming through the ceiling. Something tells me that reliable is going to be top of her list! Or do you think she will sit and wait for her CHEAP odd-job man to turn up, or not.

The cheap one is more likely to be local, so I’m not sure what your argument is there?

Does expensive mean reliable and guarantee of good quality? A quick look at rogue traders would indicate probably not.

At the end of the day I wouldn’t blame anyone for looking for the best value for their money, and I certainly wouldn’t be judging anyone without knowing their circumstances.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Because we’re not in a recession or anything and no one is struggling to make ends meet so everyone can afford top notch prices that can also mean being ripped off. Nothing wrong with being a cheapskate

[QUOTE= and there we have one of the many cheapskates in the area.

Sheefag
    Participant

BigH, quit while you’re behind old son.
    Anyone making a profit has always been hated in the Democratic Peoples Republic Of Wrexham.
    And anyone with the nous, courage and ambition to try to better themselves by going self employed or running a small business, well they are the lowest of the low.

dale
    Participant

As opposed to all those money saving satan worshippers……

Sheefag
    Participant

…. and Lizards.

Sheefag
    Participant

There’s an idea, MoneySavingSatanistLizards.com

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News