Wrexham Play Day with a Beach !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Play Day with a Beach !

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

What a brilliant day of free activities for children today. Everything from playing in the sand to water sliding. Story telling in a tent, necklaces out of Cheerios, games for all age ranges. Lots of families enjoying a picnic watching their children enjoying themselves. Well done to all those who organised it.

Steve
    Participant

My wife went with my daughter and other family members, had a great time at the event!!!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I walked past at lunch time and there was much laughter and fun being had. It was lovely to see everyone enjoying themselves. I had to go back to work!

DR
    Participant

We’ve spoken to a couple of traders who pointed out they had an increase of footfall yesterday. One comment in particular said it would have been nice if the ‘beach that wasn’t a beach’ could have had stalls or activities throughout the town centre as well, to help generate even more footfall. Comments seem to have been very positive, and the library field was cleared up by about 6:50 last night!

Beach Boost For Town Traders | Wrexham.com

Born Acorn
    Participant

After this news, it’s a shame the “main” beach they planned this year fell through. Especially with the heatwave!

Y Ffin
    Participant

The beach should have happened. Unfortunately the big cheeses seem incapable of showing leadership and standing up to the cassandras and jeremiahs of Wrexham. Sometimes a little less discussion and little more decisiveness and action are what is required. I am afraid most people, including myself don’t always know what they like until they are offered in on a plate!!

wrexview
    Participant

There was plenty of spare space on the part of Queen’s Square nearest to BHS that could have been utilised for children’s rides ,Punch and Judy or perhaps some street performers.

dewi73
    Participant

@Born Acorn 8396 wrote:

After this news, it’s a shame the “main” beach they planned this year fell through. Especially with the heatwave!

I was enjoying a real beach during the heatwave!

Beach idea would have been a waste of money in my opinion.

wrexview
    Participant

Glad you enjoyed your visit to a real beach, as with most things real is always best, unfortunately not everyone can get to a real beach so the Play Day Beach for them was ideal even if the tide was out !

dewi73
    Participant

A real beach is only 35 miles away! If someone can’t afford a bus ride to Rhyl with a couple of children their priorities must lie elsewhere

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham Play Day with a Beach !’ is closed to new replies.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News