Wrexham Play Day with a Beach !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Play Day with a Beach !

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 8546 wrote:

Not sure if AlunH was implying that i think there was blueprint there. There isn’t of course, because the council didn’t put any specific ways of measurements in place to judge if the play day was a success for local businesses. Ages groups that turned up. number of families that turned up. A market reserach survey taken on the day, footfall figures, etc.

Which if course is a bit stupid, because if there was a scope argument for private business to fund any future similar events it would have been those stats.

Personally I’d like to help next year with a beach event and a few other events that could bring in cash for local businesses and increase the locals pride of the town.

Hi Wayne……my post actually makes little sense unless you have been attending Forum meetings. The view was expressed in the Forum that the Beach day that did materialise was a success and that the Council should therefore have got behind the original beach project. As you will appreciate the beach project when floated proved to be a hot potato and several people attacked it as a waste of tax payer money in these times of austerity.

For whatever reason, when the final opportunity to get behind the day was presented to the Council, the day was eventually dropped. The reason offered was a shortfall of £5000.

The Forum meeting seemed to adopt a tone that, in retrospect, this decision was a mistake and that such events should go ahead in future. My observation on this is, like you, some analysis should be undertaken of Costs and likely benefits.

However, and again this is a big However, Councils stumping up money for these sorts of things should be a last port of call not the first. My reference to blueprint was merely that the success of an event like this should not stampede any prudent Council into throwing scarce resource around. What it should be trying to do is to bust a gut to encourage Entrepreneurs and other risk takers to organise events

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham Play Day with a Beach !’ is closed to new replies.

More...

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News