Wrexham Council Find Money Tree

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council Find Money Tree

• Author

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=172972]Who made the decision to spend this money on the resurfacing of the car park? Did all Councillors have the chance to vote on the decision, or was it delegated to officers/lead members only ?[/quote]

Most councillors were not aware this was going to happen.

wrexview
    Participant

Time for Councillors to reduce the spending and decision making power of officers and put it back into the hands of the Full Council Meeting where every Councillor’s vote counts. Did the Executive Board even approve this decision ?

TheSpectre
    Participant

Our council leader says no major works to be done the chief officer says the work was programmed so who is telling porkies with regards to this.
    It seems once again this well run council has dropped a ballock and I assume that the trend will continue until such time that the management structure (councillors) is changed dramatically, one can hope but then again?.
    So as our money again has been spent so well will we now see an increase in the parking charges that have been implemented to those officers and councillors that use this area to park their cars up from approx £0.39 per day to a more realistic cost or will the ‘financial hardship’ tag still be played upon, should I even have mentioned increasing parking charges as it appears to be a big no no in the corridors of power in this council, all I can say is tough.

jimbow
    Participant

The Council Leader does not know what is going on. Most councillors were not aware this was going to happen. Surely this is good reason to change the way of working. Save £1 million and leave it to full time officers.

Matt
    Participant

Smoke and Mirrors. After years of the Council Leadership and the Executive Board asserting ‘The Buck Stop Here’ style management and control of the budget and everything that goes on across the county in terms of spending due to there being so many Difficult Decisions in play. Then conveniently ignorance is plead when something beneficial for councillors and senior officers occurs – like someone approved several tonnes of tarmac, a number of large yellow construction vehicles and the labourers to do the job – without anyone at top level noticing.

A masterstroke because we are still almost 2 years away from the local elections and most incumbents know that even if bad behaviour is afoot and ill will is put against the poor long suffering locals they’ll still all get voted back in without lifting so much as a finger and we’ll have another Clr Pritchard led Tory-Indy coalition for another 5 years.

The same concerned folks will cry out for change in the way the Council operates and how we need fresh blood running the town, but the 70% of the town who never turn up to vote at the local elections stick 2 fingers up at us all and themselves as they want the town to be continuously ran in a piss poor manner.

Nevermind, a nice shiny resurfaced for Wrexham’s finest – whilst the rest of us can play dodge the potholes across the rest of town. Don’t worry the cold weather will set in soon and there’ll be even more holes to avoid. Bravo.

jimbow
    Participant

What I would like to see is unpaid Councillors. As far as I am aware Community Councillors receive no pay, so why pay our ward councillors?
    Half of them come across as not having read the reports of the meeting they are attending, and then some vote to abstain from giving an opinion.
    The same lead members are continually given the same job year in year out despite not performing to a reasonable standard. You only have to look at Councillor Bithell everything he touches seems to be a disaster.

Jan
    Participant

Surely the Council would be better spending the money they ‘suddenly made available’ on clearing up the town centre to at least try to encourage people back

billycoen
    Participant

Have they got any tarmac left,me drive is looking a bit tatty.

Thor
    Participant

The Head of Dept Mr Williams states it needed doing.

So does the massive Sink hole on Salop Road.
    I noticed the one on St Giles link way has begun to re open AGAIN.

No doubt the rest will too.

Recently the road was closed for 5 days with limited access for a further 5 days
    ( the entire road could have been resurfaced with no further disruption. ) or at least the areas of concern could have been addressed and corrected

Not filed with a bucket of tar and tapped down with a spade

Beach time and kids could fill it better.

But as long as he has a lovely smooth car oark and Ceo and Ex board the rest of the peasants dont really matter.

I.challenge D williams orCeo and or David Bithell Mark Pritchard to stand on Saloo road and count how many times cars bottom out on the sink hole and how many bikes have to swerve to avoid

They are not Worthy

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News